Is honeymoon over?

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Interesting analysis, what do you think

Its a good problem to have if you happen to be the developer of what became to be the "CS:GO" of the sim racing genre. AC1 achieved "critical mass", its unstoppable, every kunos product will have to battle with it.

I don't feel the development of the game was really geared towards the PC. It functions on it, but Its missing on core aspects of PC sims (triples, vr, UI). The resentment mostly comes from that. Console folks will be happy though.

This. /\
Stefano, what's next, do you evaluate other engines for new title or trying to focus on oprimizing UE4, is it even possible to make it run as good as AC?

not really something I have the luxury to discuss on a public forum sadly

EDIT: Also, it's not the time to take any decision. ACC is a live project and that's what we are going to stick to.

Last edited:
As for crushes and bad optimisation, I don't really get what people are complaining about. I play on a gaming laptop with 1060 and i7, connected to the monitor, and do not have any crushes and fps drops. The game always maintains steady 60 fps with 30 people online

Yes, my system is same and ACC run without any problems on high settings with 24 cars. ACC has far the best feeling of the driving what I tried (compared to Raceroom, AC and AMS). Yesterday I had 30 min singleplayer race on Hungaroring and experience was great. IMO ACC is high class simulator with good future and it will improve with more content and fan base.

EDIT: Also, it's not the time to take any decision. ACC is a live project and that's what we are going to stick to.
Even if you just stick to GT3 and Blancpain there's a long list of incredible potential DLC. I'm hoping you can license the new hypercar class that coming, but there's no shortage of content that could be added.

Yes, my system is same and ACC run without any problems on high settings with 24 cars.
The only people who should have problems running ACC are VR users/triple screen users, the usual suspects of power hungry users. ACC runs ok in VR on my machine. On a single screen I can pretty much max it out.

I'm getting an 'eye-opening' lesson on sim-racer patience...or lack thereof from this thread.
The sim (ACC) in still in its infancy and being optimized all the time.
Why is there so much complaining at this early stage?
From the time it was officially announced until now, is a relative short time by game development standards.
If folks had issues running the software and those weren't being addressed, I could certainly understand.
That's not happening...is it.
As to a single, 'non-moddable' series...that's what is at the heart of the series. Is it not?
I'd rather rather see them do it and concentrate their efforts on making each of the cars we currently have in the series as authentic as possible.
I appreciate all the great mods and modders out there but sometimes it can be a double-edged sword.
Look at what mods did to the non-league multiplayer aspect in another great simulator...RF2.
Car and track differences along with badly setup servers, makes it virtually impossible to join any of those.
That means lower real racers overall.
I for one am glad ACC will not suffer in that regard.

I'm getting an 'eye-opening' lesson on sim-racer patience...or lack thereof from this thread.
The sim (ACC) in still in its infancy and being optimized all the time.
Why is there so much complaining at this early stage?

No, sorry. You cannot release a product, call it version 1.0 then tell people the project is in it's infancy and to be patient.

People were generally fine with the game when it was overtly in beta. The problem now is Kunos have "released" the game and gone dark so we don't know if ACC today is the complete vision.

No, sorry. You cannot release a product, call it version 1.0 then tell people the project is in it's infancy and to be patient.

People were generally fine with the game when it was overtly in beta. The problem now is Kunos have "released" the game and gone dark so we don't know if ACC today is the complete vision.
Do you really believe that...or is it just frustration 'talking'?
"Gone dark?"...really?
From version 1.0 to 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4 to now 1.0.5 sounds like "gone dark"?
To me, it sound like on-going development to try to get fixes in place.
Is this your first Kunos Simulazioni product?
I've never seen these guy release any product and used version 1 as the end of development.
Look at the original Namie, Netkar Pro and Assetto Corsa as a reference.
From a game development stand-point, It hasn't really been that long... since they announced ACC.
I'd imagine, going to a whole new gaming engine represents a massive learning curve to see what works and what doesn't.
You don't simply flip a switch on the beta and miraculously everything becomes perfect at version 1.

Last edited:

I still don't get it. It makes no difference if they call it beta, version 1, banana boats, or John Joe. We've paid our money, we can play the game exactly the same way no matter what description they put on the current state of the software and Kunos continue to develop the game without asking for more money. I really don't see what the problem is???

"Gone dark?"...really?
I've never seen these guy release any product and used version 1 as the end of development.
From a game development stand-point, It hasn't really been that long... since they announced ACC.
I'd imagine, going to a whole new gaming engine represents a massive learning curve to see what works and what doesn't.
You don't simply flip a switch on the beta and miraculously everything becomes perfect at version 1.

I don't see how Kunos' history, the time elapsed since announcing ACC or the migration to Unreal engine is relevant to the state of a release candidate that's out in the wild, not in early access.

No, you don't simply flip a switch and make every perfect from beta to release. Bugs are expected, bug fixes are expected but what is also expected with the 1.0 nomenclature is a feature complete product, which leads me to "gone dark" - Kunos are deploying fixes and that's great but nobody is talking about what sort of feature set we can expect from the final product and that's what bothers me.

If this is it, I'll play the game for a bit and be done. The fundamentals are all there and they're excellent but there is nothing in here to distinguish ACC from anything else at the moment.

I still don't get it. It makes no difference if they call it beta, version 1, banana boats, or John Joe. We've paid our money, we can play the game exactly the same way no matter what description they put on the current state of the software and Kunos continue to develop the game without asking for more money. I really don't see what the problem is???

I agree, it's slightly arbitrary but the label 1.0 comes with baggage, when I was playing 0.7 I knew it was unfinished, when the version goes to 1.0 I'm left wondering if all that's left is bug fixes.

Where we disagree is "...develop the game without asking for more money." I'd argue they are finishing the game without asking for more money.

I'm pretty confident Kunos will develop things further, I'd just like to see what the plan is so I know if I bought another sim or another sim that'll be great in a year.

I am still waiting for the VR to perform so that it is usable. The games players are clearly disappearing and a lot of the people early on pointing out the fundamental issues got shouted down by the fans, but they were spot on. Kunos dismissed those issues completely even redefining matchmaking to reduce their workload for 1.0.

I think we are starting to see the audience become wise to games with problems and there are so many games released daily that if you aren't ready at release no one is going to care, the initial impression is what sticks. We just move on. My first experience was awful in VR, I haven't seen a fix in the patch notes yet and pretty soon I'll stop reading them at all.

I think the analysis could be better.

First IMO it is silly to compare the peak players at at lunch with the lowest point on the daily cycle (perhaps its because he's Canadian and their peak time is ACCs low point). I'd suggest a fairer measure is comparing the 4200 peak at launch with the 800 peaks currently.

So having produced a fairer measure of the decline in concurrent users you then have to evaluate whether this decline is "normal" or not. A quick look at other racing titles indicates most newly released games suffer a marked decline in player numbers from launch. In the first month PC2 peak players dropped by 56%, F1 2018 dropped by 67% and Dirt Rally 2 dropped by 68%. However, ACC peak players dropping by 81% of launch peak in the first month does seem worse than you would expect.

Thirdly, I think one of ACCs bad points he missed is performance. If you have a good PC, ACC runs fine, but for those of us with older PCs (mine is 2.5 years old) it doesn't. To the point I can't race against 20 AI in ACC, while I can in other titles with at least 60 fps. If you read the comments below the video, performance comes up regularly so I am not alone.

My other issue with ACC is I don't find most of the cars as much fun to drive as they are in other sims. Clearly this is a far from universal view but equally I don't think I'm the only one.

With this in mind I find the proposed remedies somewhat irrelevant.

ACC never had the pick numbers of original Assetto Corsa. And what is worse is that AC have more people playing today than ACC.

AC is old, a product from 2013 or 2014 and still is more appealing than ACC.

It is obvious to me, Kunos have to learn something from this.

ACC now seems to me some kind of Race from Simbin, the game that begins the decline of SimBin. Hope that not happens with Kunos.

What get's me about this game, is the attention to detail of the windshield wiper vibrations from the wind, but you can't save a race. It's so frustrating.

The career mode is a Huge disappointment.

"Gone dark?"...really?
As a Chef and avid simracer in cooking term's This game is underdone.It really needed more time Prepping the title before release.Feel's like they just slapped a Steak on the plate with some mirco garnish and sent it out!! some people like it some people don't.Overall Beta "alpha" more a less should of been extended a couple of month's.

What get's me about this game, is the attention to detail of the windshield wiper vibrations from the wind, but you can't save a race. It's so frustrating. The career mode is a huge disappointment.

found this on the Kunos Forums: "All you guys in Single Player waiting for the SAVE function to do Endurance races or even something longer than 1Hr races, will be extremely disappointed until Kunos fixes the issue of leaders not able to lap backmarkers: nce the GT3's catch the Gallardo R-EX (which can happen between 30 min - 1:30 min depending on the track) the race is pretty much over as they start piling up behind it going 5 secs a lap slower for the remainder of the race so doing 3h-6h-24h is unthinkable even with the save feature until they fix this. "

Anyone experienced this? Sounds odd.

I am still waiting for the VR to perform so that it is usable. The games players are clearly disappearing and a lot of the people early on pointing out the fundamental issues got shouted down by the fans, but they were spot on. Kunos dismissed those issues completely even redefining matchmaking to reduce their workload for 1.0.
I think we are starting to see the audience become wise to games with problems and there are so many games released daily that if you aren't ready at release no one is going to care, the initial impression is what sticks. We just move on. My first experience was awful in VR, I haven't seen a fix in the patch notes yet and pretty soon I'll stop reading them at all.
Not perfect....but certainly not "the sky is falling" unusable...
As to the comparison of the number of players between AC and ACC...it is quite simple and doesn't take a lot of logic to explain.
AC has multiple disciplines...open wheel, vintage, classic, streetet cars, etc....
ACC...one class of car.
Not everybody is going to find something in a single-car series to like or drive.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Not perfect....but certainly not unusable...
As to the comparison of the number of players between AC and ACC...it is quite simple and doesn't take a lot of logic to explain.
AC has multiple disciplines...open wheel, vintage cars, classic cars, etc.
AC...1.
Not everybody is going to find something in a single car series to like or drive.
Are you sure this is ACC, looks like AC to me?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%