Alright when was that again.....?

So i was sleeping (missed almost all of the race), then i have turned on the TV and Bottas just got a puncture, went to drink water and when i came back Lewis got a puncture :D
Normally when i turn TV on while there is a football match going on, the team that i don't like will score :|

*Just realized that i missed IMSA race too lol but BTCC race start will be in 14 mins
For next race can you please wake up a bit sooner please ;)

Last edited:
Mercedes really, really screwed up today.
They were lucky to hold on to this one.
The minute Valtteri had that delamination, they should have boxed Lewis.
It isn't like they did not have the time in hand.
Both drivers had similar levels of graining and blisters on the right front tire.
I'm surprised it was the left that let go ultimately.
The team really needs to apologize to Bottas.
It was a complete screw up on their part.

well,lewis had to drive the whole last lap on 3 wheels,being fast enough to keep p1 and don't going off track.
i think this is massive talent.

max,leclerc sainz did a very good race,ricciardo too.
and we have not to forget a great race by gasly.
See that braking and lockup into the 3rd to last corner ?
even with a puncture he nailed the apex guys a wonder makes me proud to be British :geek: :D:D:D

No way Redbull made the wrong decision, with the way the race was unfolding it was the only decision that made sense to get that extra point. If Max stayed out he may have suffered a tyre failure also. As far as I can see RBR made the correct call, there was no way of knowing the same was going to happen to Lewis

Only if you have a short memory or are new to F1.

He 'ran out of luck' and lost the Championship in 2007 due to a tyre failure, and in 2016 due to a disproportionately high amount of engine failures.

He lost the championship of 2007 due to his own mistakes in the last race, the same way he almost lost it the next year, until it started raining again, which was...lucky.

Lewis is very good, but please, let's be objective.

He lost the championship of 2007 due to his own mistakes in the last race, the same way he almost lost it the next year, until it started raining again, which was...lucky.

Lewis is very good, but please, let's be objective.

I am being objective. If you are saying he was lucky with tyre issues today then it stands to reason he was unlucky in Shanghai '07. Without that 'bad luck' the Championship would've been over there and then.

He was lucky today but I don't see how you can objectively say he's an especially lucky driver in general.

Only if you have a short memory or are new to F1.

He 'ran out of luck' and lost the Championship in 2007 due to a tyre failure, and in 2016 due to a disproportionately high amount of engine failures.
Nope, I was watching in 2007 rooting for Hamilton to take the WDC. But we are talking 13 years ago here. Not exactly representative of the current situation. And let's not forget Hamilton has won the WDC 5 times in the last 6 years and looking likely to do it again in 2020.

It would appear I've upset quite a few people but implying that just one of Lewis's 87 wins may have been a little lucky. Didn't realise it was going to be that controversial. But just to clarify, Hamilton is a world-class driver who is at the top of his game. I'm not trying to say every one of his victories and championships has been down to luck, but maybe just this one race could have been very different if the tyres let go a few corners earlier.

I am being objective. If you are saying he was lucky with tyre issues today then it stands to reason he was unlucky in Shanghai '07. Without that 'bad luck' the Championship would've been over there and then.

He was lucky today but I don't see how you can objectively say he's an especially lucky driver in general.

Did i even say that? You are so hell bent in defending Hamilton that you didnt even realize that i wasn't the one that said anything about him being lucky...

I am stepping out of this conversation, as it seems people are just replying with their emotions.

Nope, I was watching in 2007 rooting for Hamilton to take the WDC. But we are talking 13 years ago here. Not exactly representative of the current situation. And let's not forget Hamilton has won the WDC 5 times in the last 6 years and looking likely to do it again in 2020.

It would appear I've upset quite a few people but implying that just one of Lewis's 87 wins may have been a little lucky. Didn't realise it was going to be that controversial. But just to clarify, Hamilton is a world-class driver who is at the top of his game. I'm not trying to say every one of his victories and championships has been down to luck, but maybe just this one race could have been very different if the tyres let go a few corners earlier.

All good. No particular emotion here from me and I fully agree he was a lucky boy today. Your post read as though you were making a generalisation rather than only referring to this race.

Feel for Bottas for sure, he's not done a whole lot wrong this season, and doesn't deserve an 18 point hit like that.

I do wonder how bad the vibration was that he/the team ignored though? Pretty hard to tell from radio calls only but usually when a driver says they can't see, a pit stop tends to follow soon after. We've seen suspension failures from vibration scenarios as well so it seems a bit mad that he kept ploughing round. /Captain Hindsight.

A lot of deserving candidates today. I ultimately went with Albon, but I admit to a bit of sentimentality creeping in on my choice to go with him.

Leclerc dragged what appears to be a uncompetitive Ferrari to the podium.

Ricciardo delivering another performance balancing strategy with aggressiveness.

Max yet again squeezing every ounce of performance out of that car.

And poor Hulk...doesn't even make it to the grid. I swear, the man is cursed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%