• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Is HAMILTON acting like a difa?

ears

I know, for I told me so
Feb 14, 2015
No.

Not sure you can call someone a diva (or a 'difa') for supporting a movement that literally is the difference between life and death, and in the same post say you have 'all respect' for them.

Appie Kuipers

@Simberia
Jun 8, 2007
No.

Not sure you can call someone a diva (or a 'difa') for supporting a movement that literally is the difference between life and death, and in the same post say you have 'all respect' for them.
Between life and death? Black People are doing the same, Hutu and Tutsi horror.:(

• Wow
Reactions: ast654 and Andrew

Kenny Paton

10000RPM
Premium
Sep 26, 2009
every race on your knee does not help atall, yes you make a statement, and that helps?
If it helps highlight a real problem then yes, and you could have said that about many other "celebrities" but you chose the only coloured driver in F1.
Sometimes what appears to some to be an empty gesture may have an influence beyond its immediate sphere.
I can think of many empty gestures that are accepted for much less worthy reasons.

Kenny Paton

10000RPM
Premium
Sep 26, 2009
If he wants to do something for others, spend money for poor kids who don’t have food, that helps,
I wouldn't disagree with that, but truth is we don't know what charity work he does.
And of course there's no reason for him not to do both.

Appie Kuipers

@Simberia
Jun 8, 2007
The first race making a statement I can appriate and agree for sure.
Repeating this the value is slowly disappearing, that’s my idea about it.
But yes, I can see things wrong.

Andrew

5000RPM
Staff member
Premium
Jun 1, 2013
If he wants to do something for others, spend money for poor kids who don’t have food, that helps, every race on your knee does not help atall, yes you make a statement, and that helps?
yes . He is spending a lot of his money to different sources.

He is a major contributor to Great Ormond Street hospital, Unicef, The Honeypot Children's Charity and Children of Africa. Many times after a race, instead of leaving the country immediately, he will stay and visit children in poor villages (India) and slums on behalf of UNICEF.

He has unified all of his giving under the Lewis Hamilton Foundation. The goal of the foundation is to provide grants and donations to help with disabilities, Education/training, the advancement of health or saving of lives, prevention or relief of poverty, and general charitable purposes throughout England

Antony Snook

500RPM
Premium
Jul 16, 2011
Racissism goes all ways black to white white to black. Will it ever stop no it probably won't. I fear this mouvement of Black lives matter will turn into a cult and commit crime and destruction. Kid of like the Maffia. Living in Toronto Ontario Canada i am in the most multi cultural city in the world and i have learned to deal with racism against me. Being from England and white and having German blood line on my mothers side. So i get called a Nazi. I Just deal with it. I don't protest and tear statues down and act like a spoilt child.

ears

I know, for I told me so
Feb 14, 2015
Racissism goes all ways black to white white to black. Will it ever stop no it probably won't. I fear this mouvement of Black lives matter will turn into a cult and commit crime and destruction. Kid of like the Maffia. Living in Toronto Ontario Canada i am in the most multi cultural city in the world and i have learned to deal with racism against me. Being from England and white and having German blood line on my mothers side. So i get called a Nazi. I Just deal with it. I don't protest and tear statues down and act like a spoilt child.
The first race making a statement I can appriate and agree for sure.
Repeating this the value is slowly disappearing, that’s my idea about it.
But yes, I can see things wrong.
It's not that the value is slowly disappearing, it's that the message clearly isn't getting through, if posts like these are anything to go by.

It's not just about skin colour. It's about the minorities being treated unequally by the priviledged majority.

Someone died because a white police officer knelt on his neck for several minutes in broad daylight. The middle of the street. Murder. And they weren't even going to arrest him for it.

It was like that man's life didn't matter. And it's happened before.

Hence.

May 30, 2015
He should concentrate at what is he is good at: Racing. His own values, norms and beliefs he must do that in private or so. He demanded other drivers to kneel. I also have the feeling it's a social media-thing for the likes, dopamina/serotonine or imago or so. But I can't read his mind, so I don't know.

Racism will never solved/ended. Humans are tend to live and enjoy company with people who look the same, think the same, etc. It's some sort of survivalinstinct.

TLDR: He must concentrate on racing.

Appie Kuipers

@Simberia
Jun 8, 2007
It's not that the value is slowly disappearing, it's that the message clearly isn't getting through, if posts like these are anything to go by.

It's not just about skin colour. It's about the minorities being treated unequally by the priviledged majority.

Someone died because a white police officer knelt on his neck for several minutes in broad daylight. The middle of the street. Murder. And they weren't even going to arrest him for it.

It was like that man's life didn't matter. And it's happened before.

Hence.
Very true, but when an old white man is thrown to the ground, falling with his head on the floor, blood runs out of his ear, this also done by us police, WHERE WERE THE PROTESTERS?

Kenny Paton

10000RPM
Premium
Sep 26, 2009
He should concentrate at what is he is good at: Racing.
So no sportsman/woman who's in the public eye should speak out regarding something they feel strongly about.

He demanded other drivers to kneel.
Wrong, he said very publicly that every driver had a choice and that he was continuing so the BLM wouldn't be forgotten.

Racism will never solved/ended
On that we can agree, but it doesn't mean it should be accepted and every opportunity taken to eradicate it.

Kenny Paton

10000RPM
Premium
Sep 26, 2009
Very true, but when an old white man is thrown to the ground, falling with his head on the floor, blood runs out of his ear, this also done by us police, WHERE WERE THE PROTESTERS?
Yes a terrible incident buty ou can't just throw out an individual case and set it against a systematic and sustained history of abuse caused by an institutes apparent prejudice.
I would suggest that when you start seeing other groups as less than human, for whatever reason, you're less likely to be sympathetic in your dealings with anyone.
When someone in a position of power tries to justify this attitude we can see where it leads.