Is GTR Evolution realistic?

Hello,

I was wondering if GTR-evolution is realist. I am actually playing at this game and I found that it is a very good game but I would like to have the opinion of the RD community who have the opportunity to drive on track real cars !!!

Do you think that the behavior of the cars in the game are identical to the real one ? In reality, I think about the behavior of the mini or WTCC cars.

Thank you.

• Nick Fine

I'd love to see a top RD driver against a pro driver on any named circuit....has anything like this ever been done??

I'd love to see a top RD driver against a pro driver on any named circuit....has anything like this ever been done??
In real life or virtual ?

Have races Robb Huff last year in Monza on the RACE 07 simulator, and he didnt win :D. Can remember that Maik Peters whooped many butts of the real Mini Cooper Challenge drivers at Oschersleben!
Only real driver that kicked our butts was Chris van der Drift in the F3000 and the radicals, but he had some sim experience in GTR 2 already.

The realism is unfortunately more a personal question.

Indeed, each simulation , or even each car in a simulation could be considered as realistic or not depending on the gamer background

Finally, perhaps that the most important point is "Is the behaviour of the car coherent with what we imagine that is should be, and it is worth using it to compete on track with friends?"

In real life or virtual ?

Have races Robb Huff last year in Monza on the RACE 07 simulator, and he didnt win :D. Can remember that Maik Peters whooped many butts of the real Mini Cooper Challenge drivers at Oschersleben!
Only real driver that kicked our butts was Chris van der Drift in the F3000 and the radicals, but he had some sim experience in GTR 2 already.

Nice Info Bram:good:

Conclusion real driving & and simrdriving always need adaptation and training .
:focus: , one thing a miss a lot on Evo and Race . It´s the details and all the mechanics working on the Boxes . But they expulse all of them we are support from ghost mechanics eheh

I thought that would came better in a graphic way and interface to .for was all about of timings and money
IN that Part a miss a lot from GRT2 :sidefrown:the working rushing time of our mechanics , cause tehy all part of our team . eheheh

good topic guys.

some of the gt cars do feel quite arcadey, but i iv never driven a gt car so i wouldnt know :)

If you played GTR or GTR 2, that's the reason. In GTR Evo they have more grip! Some people said that GTR 2 was more realistic, because of this, but they were wrong, cause real drivers said that in real life these beasts have even more grip than they have in GTR Evo! Also about the WTCC cars, Pierre-Yves Corthals said that they have more grip in real life! But even he, and other drivers admitted that the game is pretty close to reality, though it not has the G-force effects, and the pressure (from the sponsors, fans, etc..) on it. The tracks also have pretty good detail, however they could be better if they were laser scanned.

• Morgan Eklöv

The problem with Evo is that a real car, you drive it thru your bottom section of your body. You can never get the same feeling as real car. But this second to best compared to the real deal.

i started with gtr2 at that time and with a good ffb settings you could say its near realistic w/o the gforce ofcours but with evo theres no need for me to play with the ffb settings to get a real feel. default setup presets suits me.

There are a number of racing drivers who have stated that GTR2 didn't have nearly enough grip and that first Race then Evo have gone a long way to address that problem. However the massive increase (a quantum leap) in grip has not been paralled with a massive increase in feel or sensory feedback. The FFB has improved markedly but not remarkably. The visual and audible clues as to what the car is doing or about to do, have at best stood still or IMO taken a backward step, particularly with regard to sound. Without the feeling in ones posterior a sim will always be a sim.

Now if you happen to own a fully actuated race seat, it would be very interesting to have your evaluation of the efficacy of Evo's FFB.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.6%