Is GTR Evo worth it?

In your own humble opinion, is the GTR Evolution addon worth the asking price of 19.99 euro?

Do people still race it online and hows the Nürburgring? Havent run the Nordschleife since GPL...

The Nürburgring alone makes it worth it, in my opinion.
Some of the cars it comes with are very nice too.

19.99 euro? Does Steam do a 1:1 USD-to-Euro ratio? If so, that's crap... they're ripping you off! I bought it for 19.99 USD, which is only about 14 Euro according to Google.

For €19.99 I probably wouldn't have bought it. I like the GTs, but touring cars is what I really bought the Race 07 for. Nürb is great, but not worth that price on it's own for me. However, I bought the DVD version for less than £10... so it was worth it. :)

Well, compared to the other posters here, I prefer racing the GTs over the TCs so I would say its all about personal preference. I've only raced a handful of races with the TCs but I raced quite a number in the GTs. Get the DVD version though, €19.99 sounds like the price of it on Steam. The DVD version is the exact same game, except its better because you get a DVD box with the game cover and manual (and cheaper ;)). http://cgi.ebay.ie/GTR-EVOLUTION-Un...1136?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item588b00db00

Unfortunately. But as I read, it's not Steam who is responsible for prices. 1:1 $-€ is used normaly on any goods on EU-USA market. I hate this policy.

Somehow I have a feeling that's a one-way street. Otherwise, I need to start shopping on European websites!!

Seriously, though... that policy is very lame and not fair to you guys at all, especially for downloadable content.

Somehow I have a feeling that's a one-way street. Otherwise, I need to start shopping on European websites!!

Seriously, though... that policy is very lame and not fair to you guys at all, especially for downloadable content.
It's the case with all stuff.
Back in the day when the dollar was more expensive than the euro we had to pay more (in euro's) like it should.
Now we have to pay more or equal.. Almost never LESS..

An average page from an average flyer:
2uffvbt.jpg

Btw GTR Evo expansion is available for €15 at Raceroom.com

Yeah. Off course. I wrote it badly. :redface:

It's practicaly with any goods on our market. Pick anything, mobile phones, games, pc components, ... When fanatech's gt3 wheel with clubsport pedals was available for around $500, it cost 500€ too. If it was today, and we'd use exchange rate, $500 would be 346€!

OK, now about GTR Evo. It was my first simbin title. I paid 25€ on steam if I remember corectly. And the main reason why I bought it is, I wanted to learn and raced on Nordschleife. Personaly, I would paid that sum any day for that content. I was lucky I got other content for cheap. I told myself that I won't buy any content, but pagani zonda r and mid ohio sound good. Besides, I want to learn tracks used in iRacing.

Not 100% correct myname.
Fanatec actually is having a point. The US price has no VAT included yet, while 'our' VAT is already included.
The Fanatec GT2 wheel costs:
€249.95 here
$249.95 in the US.

But, in the Netherlands we have 19% VAT. which means the real price would be: (100/119) * 249.95 = €210.04
It's true 210.04 * 1.442 (exchange) = $302.88 is more than $249.95

In Sweden where VAT is 25% the price without VAT would be: (100/125) *249.95 = €199.96 which gives a price of $288.34 without VAT...

Thanks alot for the views and comments, much obliged.

I drove the Nordschleife alot in the good old GPL days, with both the BRM and the Ferrari.

Someone said that The Ring alone was worth the price, and someone else said it's only 14.99eu at Raceroom...so that was a sale :) I'm downloading now...

Why would you need to buy them again? They should be associated with your Steam account. They're not also locked to a specific machine, are they?
I've got two computers now, my laptop and just bought a new tower last weekend. I needed new games to install into new PC so i can run head to head or go online with my pals at the same time when they come over. I have gear to run two racing setups so why not go for it:doublethumb: .My GF and roommie are enjoying racing head to head as well. Currently looking for used G25/G27 to replace my DFPRO. I have G27 but i want matching wheel for second setup.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%