FM7 Is FM7 fun to drive with xbox controller on PC?

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)
I own and enjoy most of the “hardcore” sim titles with wheel/pedals, but sometimes I want to enjoy a “light” racing experience just sitting back with controller and just enjoy somewhat realistic and fun physics/graphics/sounds.

I’ve been playing a little bit of GRID but honestly its a bit difficult to enjoy with wheel and not so easy to be fast with controller.

I remember the hours of fun I had with Gran Turismo 1, 2, 3 & 4 back in the day. So I would like to know if Forza 7 would bring back the memories of some offline fun sim/arcade driving just for fun. Thanks!

• Deleted member 197115

It's a bit bland experience to be honest, lots of cars, but wheel or controller with that physics lapping race tracks gets boring pretty quick.
You may find Forza Horizon 4 much better suited for sit back relaxing and fun driving. Physics is not that bad, FFB is worse than FM7 but controller control is excellent, but yeah, it is still arcade and not trying to pretend to be something else.
I thought both have demos in Microsoft Store, try them out yourself.

For me, no. The wheel is a much better experience because, I am a little more in tune with what the car is doing after spending hours un corking the cars in tuning. Yes the game does feel as if wheels are an after thought, but then again, based on a lot of the things Turn 10 did with Forza Motorsport since FM5, Forza Motorsport in general feels like an afterthought. Still, since the update where they "fixed" the FFB, I can finally get some communication from the wheel. Racing with the controller, while easier to pull off, just feels numb.

As for the game, I do play it from time to time; but in low doses. It's a good break from the norm, but no longer the racing title I go to.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 249 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 305 13.0%