Is Fat-Alfie working on new tracks?

Before I started downloading mods, 99% of my time with Assetto Corsa was spent in Nordschleife Tourist. When I found out the tracks by Fat-Alfie, now they have become my favorite. Deutschlandring is amazing, so beautiful with so many different kind of bends, fast and slow sections and with great performance. Same can be said about Feldbergring, which is also absolutelly awesome. Fonteny is impressive too, especially considering it's incredibly long, with the only problem of the lack of collision of many objetcs outside the track, such as trees. Do you know if this modder is currently working on new tracks inspired in old circuits or based on open roads?

Yes, I am. I know it's been a year since I released a new track (Fonteny) but I am working on stuff in the background.

The next track to be released will be Battenbergring - 12.5km - 1950s Germany, which is 95% complete.

Untitled-1.jpg

Screenshot_auto_union_type_c_battenbergring_6-11-120-17-37-27.jpg

After that, I don't really know. I have quite a few tracks that I have started:

Solitude / 1960s / 11.4km
Schottenring / 1950s / 16.4km
Clermont Ferrand / 1970s / 8.1km
Bremgarten /1950s / 7.3km
Mugello road circuit / 1960s / 62,4km
Inselsberg-rennen / 1920s / 33.5km
Konigswinter / 1920s / 33.2km

It just depends on how the mood takes me, as to which track I work on next. Currently, Mugello is my obsession, even though Batternbergring is so close to completion. I just want to get Mugello's road spline sorted, with all the elevation changes feeling right, and then I promise I will get back on to the vegetation at Battenbergring.

Too many tracks to build and not enough time to do them all in.

BTW, I think I once saw birds in one of your tracks, but not now. Have they been removed in any update, or maybe it's AC or CPS playing tricks with me. I love how your tracks look and feel set on the country-side, so I think the addition of some animal life to all of them would make them even prettier, more alive and more inmersive.

I made animated birds on Thomson Road, before CSP enabled animated objects, so that might be what you remember seeing.

Deutschlandring and Fonteny both have 'spectator'-type cows and sheep in some of the fields, too.

I don't have any plans to go back and add anything to Feldbergring, though.

I guess you could say Santa and Fat-Alfie both give us something to look forward to all year long.
I know I do. Thanks for all your hard work, even though I think at least for you its quite a passion as well.
Plus all those fields we keep plowing everytime, we do a little offroad exploring.
I have to ask though what is Blisterberg, Ive never seen any video or screenshots of it, and considering how good all your other tracks are I looked for it pretty hard !

It's getting there. The camber and width changes have now been added along the entire 62km length, and I am very happy with the elevation changes for the first 21km. 22-62km is still in need of tweaking, but it is getting better and better.

The first 1/3 of the lap is an absolute blast, now! The race against the AI consists of staggered start positions to give a 3 second gap between each car going over the S/F line, and the race itself is like hotlapping against 4 other ghost cars, but you have to overtake them rather than just drive through them, and the road is particularly narrow. I love it!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.1%