DiRT Rally Is DiRT Rally simulation ?

Guys, I made an ultimate test. Coming from iRacing, rF, SimBin, Assetto Corsa, RBR, etc... I made 3 videos. I bought tha game and recorded my first ever rides. I didn't know what to expect, so I was treating it like sim and gave it a go. Here are my thoughts:

http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/dirt-rally-first-impressions-from-wrc.8997/

http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/dirt-rally-first-impressions-rwd.8998/

http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/dirt-rally-first-impressions-from-group-b.8999/

Its fun but without the much needed FFB re-writes to start with & later the rest of the legacy software & hardware support is remove & replaced with current up-to date the Core code.
Will we see the true direction of Dirt Rally.

For now there is plenty of promise for a high quality Rally game , I will hold short of Sim due to the true & overwhelming fact the CM will make it fit the player market that brings in the most money.
I am not sure what the dirt series avg sales figures are for past games , but they are bound to want the same sales.

Already you can see the Console people asking for essayer stages & the return of Flashbacks.
We can keep as much pressure as we can to try & limit this becoming another lame Rally game.

I have seen quite a few posts by people who also worry about the final outcome of Dirt Rally.
I just hope CM are been open with their intentions for Dirt Rally.

Damn @Mark Reynolds it kinda frustrating to see how, seemingly safe you are driving, while achieving good times, while I either drive safe and slow or all over the place and fast. Gotta try to "respond" to that time now :p
In the meantime, some flat out, a bit to much balls action!

Thrashing the M3 nicely :D

I can drive lairy too, but I find you scrub too much corner speed when you start to hang the back end out too far and loose the drive through the exits of the corner, Not sure if you are modulating the throttle when the wheels are spinning or keeping your foot in either, I find easing out a little aids traction as you would expect, and then of course slightly more more acceleration when your low on grip ? It's a fine balance for sure :D

I reckon I can peel another 5 seconds from my time with a little setup work without too much hassle, another big help will be setting up a proper handbrake on an axis rather than a button like I have it atm :(

It is super tough to nail every corner perfect on these kinds of dynamic terrains, that is what makes it so re-playable and fun tho I guess :D

For me the Tarmac feels wrong still, but the Gravel rocks...limited experience on gravel in real life, but tons of experience on Tarmac, zero experience on Snow with race tyres so can't comment :)

Gravel and Dirt is near heaven for me :)

Games/sims with more than one surface usually struggles with one of them. The second surface always seem to be some sort of a compromise. In this case I'm glad it's gravel that feels awesome and not the other way around :)

It´s Dirt 3 with some role playingelements. Looks great and can be fun simcade for sure but it doesn´t feel like it´s gone gold yet and it´s sad to see they used pc gamers money to focus 100 % on optimizing for the consoles. That was not how they marketed it but I would lie if I say I would be surprised...

I wonder why the ffb is so inconsistent. On the Alpine I can hardly feel the ffb but with the mini cooper rallycross I get constant belt slip because the ffb is super strong on the same settings.

It´s Dirt 3 with some role playingelements. Looks great and can be fun simcade for sure but it doesn´t feel like it´s gone gold yet and it´s sad to see they used pc gamers money to focus 100 % on optimizing for the consoles. That was not how they marketed it but I would lie if I say I would be surprised...

I wonder why the ffb is so inconsistent. On the Alpine I can hardly feel the ffb but with the mini cooper rallycross I get constant belt slip because the ffb is super strong on the same settings.

The FFB in RX cars are bugged since the latest patch. I strongly suggest not doing any RX til it's sorted. I thought my wheel broke on me.

If you want tarmac, choose Assetto Corsa instead.
I have almost 100 hillclimbs and rally stages now, plus some nice rally cars...
Combined with nice filters, it looks and feels better than dirt rally by far.:whistling:

Richard Burns Rally looks terrible by today's standards, but it's still great.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.7%