Is curved worth €100 more on 32"?

I won't say it's worth anything. With a 16:9 you would need some vertical curvature too to make any sense of it.
Saw some of them in real life and it's just weird imo!
I now finally own an ultra wide thought and for 21:9 and above I'd always go curved! But that's a completely different thing when sitting kinda close to them.

I now finally own an ultra wide thought and for 21:9 and above I'd always go curved! But that's a completely different thing when sitting kinda close to them.
The only time it feels like it makes any sense is on those ultra wide monitors, but I think it would have to be a monster size to make it worth while.

The only time it feels like it makes any sense is on those ultra wide monitors, but I think it would have to be a monster size to make it worth while.
34" so the height of 27€ 16:9. It looks a little like a visor when sitting close to it compared to a 16:9 which imo is more like a big window.
One thing to consider with ulteawides are the viewing angles to the edges. Upper and lower edge don't need a curvature but left and right will receive some colour shifting (or if ips, start to glow) without it.

For simracing it is, got 3x 32"curved to give me a almost 180 degree view while driving.
If you also want to do productive things on that system, I would not recomend it, as nothing seems straight.

For simracing it is, got 3x 32"curved to give me a almost 180 degree view while driving.
If you also want to do productive things on that system, I would not recomend it, as nothing seems straight.
With triples everything changes ofc as you get a real "arc" and not just a strangely shaped thingy in front of you.
Same for ultrawide monitors :)

Actually curved screens are absolutely nonsensical for sim racing, or any simulation rather. It make zero sense even if it costs the same as regular screens and obviously even less sense if you still have to pay extra for it as it adds nothing useful and it'll only mess a proper FOV.

I have had a BenQ XR3501 (144Hz) for over a year now and it's great. I got it factory refurb for a nice discount. There are no visual anomalies when I'm sitting in the drivers seat. I use a realistic FOV as well. The only issue is I can't see the side mirrors on some cars so I use the 'look back' button or the virtual mirror.

Last edited:
I don't question it's overall quality as a display, not at all; but I'd argue that the curvature/arch characteristic really won't be adding any objective or measurable value for our sim applications, as there is just no gain relative to the depth of view and at the most a futile move inwards of its main point of field of view calculation. Might not be tremendously impactful in the whole experience for a single screen, but from the mathematical aspect it still is improper. And if we're ever talking triple screens then it's a whole new level of nightmare, let alone the fact you'll be setting display angles across distinct curved objects... Good luck with that subjectivity.

Whatever the case I just don't see how it's of any particular benefit or how the extra cost could ever be justified if only for simracing. I can be proven wrong of course. :thumbsup:

I don't question it's overall quality as a display, not at all; but I'd argue that the curvature/arch characteristic really won't be adding any objective or measurable value for our sim applications, as there is just no gain relative to the depth of view and at the most a futile move inwards of its main point of field of view calculation. Might not be tremendously impactful in the whole experience for a single screen, but from the mathematical aspect it still is improper. And if we're ever talking triple screens then it's a whole new level of nightmare, let alone the fact you'll be setting display angles across distinct curved objects... Good luck with that subjectivity.

Whatever the case I just don't see how it's of any particular benefit or how the extra cost could ever be justified if only for simracing. I can be proven wrong of course. :thumbsup:
Just talking theory here but would you agree that if the Sims would have a curvature setting similar to triple screen rendering, it would be better than a flat one? Especially for triple screen I'd say it would be pretty awesome having a big arc.
But I agree with you, only cool if the fov would become curved too.

Just talking theory here but would you agree that if the Sims would have a curvature setting similar to triple screen rendering, it would be better than a flat one? Especially for triple screen I'd say it would be pretty awesome having a big arc.
But I agree with you, only cool if the fov would become curved too.
First of all some race sims do have that like all based on gmotor2. AMS and Gtr2 as examples.
My guess are that nether you nor GTSpeedster got a curved monitor?
The curve is very slight and is done more for comfort. It does not mess up FOV in any form I even do CAD work on mine and can only see advantages.

And you do get a slightly larger FOV compared to same sized flat monitor.
For the same price it is worth it, how much extra is a individual matter.
Got mine on sale so paid less than the price for a flat monitor otherwise my monitor would also be flat.

First of all some race sims do have that like all based on gmotor2. AMS and Gtr2 as examples.
My guess are that nether you nor GTSpeedster got a curved monitor?
The curve is very slight and is done more for comfort. It does not mess up FOV in any form I even do CAD work on mine and can only see advantages.

And you do get a slightly larger FOV compared to same sized flat monitor.
For the same price it is worth it, how much extra is a individual matter.
Got mine on sale so paid less than the price for a flat monitor otherwise my monitor would also be flat.

I won't say it's worth anything. With a 16:9 you would need some vertical curvature too to make any sense of it.
Saw some of them in real life and it's just weird imo!
:p
I just don't like the horizontal only curvature on 16:9. I love the curvature on my 21:9 :)

In some odd what I so feel the curve add some on my 35" 21:9 ultrawide. A 32" is about as eide or maybe wider but much depends how close you can get to it.

If I could get better image quality or a better standard so I can get closer I would rather pay 100$ for that

On a 16:9 monitor, I don't think having a curve is necessary. 21:9 however, I feel it's necessary because how wide they are. My Dell U3415W has a curve, but I actually wouldn't know it unless you look down at it.

Curved on a 32" doesn't make sense for 100 euro additional. That's just crazy!
I run a curved 27" Samsung and I wouldn't miss the quite "strong" curvature at all - even when sitting up to 30cm close to it. It's just marketing bullshit. It's way more important that the screen has consistent bightness over the whole screen.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing