Is BTB still the best choice for a newbie?

Hi all,

I'm considering building my own tracks and I want to know if BTB is still my best option the get started. My main sim are GTR2 / GTL. I would like to convert to AC eventually (another story, I know...).

I read stuff about 3DMax being more flexible and so on (and costly), I don't mind being somewhat limited (without fancy options) to start as long as I can get something that looks reasonnably good.

From what I see here it would seem BTB would do the trick, any comments or warnings before I buy my license? (I'll get the demo first)
Thanks in advance!

To start with is BTB Evo the best solution for you. It is suitable for exporting tracks to GTR2 and GTL.
Keep in mind that the program was originaly build to run on Win Xp. But many have this program running on Win7 32/64 bits.

If your looking to build for Assetto Corsa then Pro might be the better option as it can Export to .DX file type which can then be converted fairly easily into A-C's format...
(I was looking forward to building for A-C too until it went to steam, but that's another tale...)
Unfortunately BTB Pro doesn't Export to the other sims you mentioned but SimEd can as well as a plethora of others, but the advantage with Pro is that background images of the terrain can be blended into the terrain textures which Evo can not do...

Thanks for your comment guys, I really appreciate.

One more thing, BTB Evo would seem like the logical choice to start with GTR2, but It seems like it lacks some nice features.
How difficult (or time consumming!) is the conversion thru 3DSimed? If I have to convert every time I want to test in GTR2, it could mean a lot more time.
Can a track developed with EVO, be openned and modified later with PRO?

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing what you make. I very much enjoy using Bobs Track Builder. I mostly build tracks for myself and just for the fun of building them and BTB takes a lot of the technical work out of the equation.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back