Is Automobilista on line Alive and well?

There never seems to be many players on servers. It appears that its a game that most people seem to use only with Ai.
Unless i am doing something wrong. I come from a xbox gaming situation where servers are up a lot more and interaction seems to be from all over the world. I have played against usa and european located players.
Would appreciate thoughts from others
Dover16

Is there enough interest to start up or run a v8sc race in Australia on a week night. Australia time zones almost make it impossible to join usa or eu competitions . Considering the new ams2 is on its way. i race with friends on consul 3-5 nights a week but they dont have pc or ams. Is there any group that race ams v8sc in our time zone that is open to join? aust central or eastern std 8pm to 12 midnight

Last edited:
From the number of replies i received from this statement it would appear Automobilista on line is Dead in the Australian Timezone region. Does not appear promising for Automobilista 2. Perhaps it should have a namechange to go with a new format style?

From the number of replies i received from this statement it would appear Automobilista on line is Dead in the Australian Timezone region. Does not appear promising for Automobilista 2. Perhaps it should have a namechange to go with a new format style?
It is the end of the lifespan for AMS 1, with its replacement around the corner. Hopefully the novelty will boost again the number of players. But it was never so good for pick up race anyway, except the first months, 3 years ago.
The Australian club is still running an AMS event every 2 weeks (alternates with rF2) so keep an eye in here. But we probably just had our last 2019 event yesterday, and might get a break for Christmas for the next 2 Sundays.

With ams2 i understand there is no mods so it just becomes another fully commercial racing sim. So you are only going to get what they want to give. Seems a waste of effort. Getting players to buy a new sim and probably some DLC .Since its all going to be controlled by codemasters now that they have control of simply mad studios. we just become dumb players who shell out $$$. Surely automobilista had a point of difference.

With ams2 i understand there is no mods so it just becomes another fully commercial racing sim. So you are only going to get what they want to give. Seems a waste of effort. Getting players to buy a new sim and probably some DLC .Since its all going to be controlled by codemasters now that they have control of simply mad studios. we just become dumb players who shell out $$$. Surely automobilista had a point of difference.
I don't think there was any mention of codemasters being in control or having much to do with AMS2. I wouldn't worry about that, you'll be able to edit skins from what is being mentioned in the Reiza forums. But in re to AMS2 I think Reiza are still the masters of their own destiny, no one is telling them what they can't or can do.

codemasters now control simply mad studios isnt this the engine model used in ams2? Do you think this will be available for modders?
Yeah but it's been sold/leased to Reiza to do what they see fit with. And much like PC2, SMS made it quite a hard title to mod really. Some have cracked it, but it's not as simple a task as that of Rfactor/RF2/AMS to mod, so yeah, I think we'll be able to do skins and maybe more in time when there are smarter people than myself who start tinkering around with the game. Because from what I've seen from PC2 you need some relatively advanced (for me!) coding knowledge as opposed to just editing a few lines in Notepad for an .HDV file for example, like we have now in AMS. Either way, I think much like RF, if AMS2 does bomb modding wise there will be a retention in modders for AMS always. I know I most likely won't stop playing it. Unless AMS2 is just head and shoulders above AMS. But currently with AMS I can make whatever game I want, car performance, AI performance, AI track performance, it just goes on and on, and as you may have guessed I'm a prolific offline racer. Basically - I think we'll be ok whatever happens.

For what its worth I would love to find some buddies to race online with using AMS. I just love AMS and have got back into it in a massive way over the last few months. Loving Patricks Cart Mod especially. Ive done countless laps using the cart mod and Road America (Just love that combo) Im based in the UK if anyone would like to race for fun please let me know cheers :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 67 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 14.0%