Is Assetto Corsa worth buying?

Hello! I would like to learn from you, from the people who play Assetto Corsa, is the game worth buying?

I will play it in the summer (if I get it) and very rarely in the winter. Is a possible buy the right choice, or not?

Thanks for reading :)

I think if you have a wheel you should have assetto corsa to go with it. I think you really have to have a wheel to appreciate driving sims properly. If your asking from the point of view of using it with a joypad then I don't know, I gave up on games like that a long time ago but comparing content there might be more enjoyment with a console like arcade game when playing with a joypad (although I know there are plenty of people playing AC with a joypad).

AC is the best driving game I've played, Kunos have somehow introduced the feeling of driving a car, you can actually feel what the car is doing rather than just relying on what you see in front of you.

You could get NetKar Pro and try that out, its very cheap now and is a representation of kunos way of doing things. I always thought it was a great sim it's a shame it never took off. If you like NetKar, you'll more than likely love Assetto Corsa.

i thought it was worth well it w/out a wheel; considering future content + the modding tools to be released soon, i'd say it's a fantastic value w/ a 360 pad.

but the downsides are you might like it so much youll soon be spending hundreds/thousands on racing sim crap and will probably never feel the touch of a woman again.

Sorry not trying to be disagreeable or a douche but this has been asked and answered here on countless occasions. Please use the search function in the top right as a lot of the answers are already there. If you type "worth buying" you get this on the hit list.

mod-edit: merged the threads

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a "no-brainer" IMO - YES!, but it also depends on what you are looking for in a racing sim. There is no "one size fits all" and we are lucky to have so many choices right now. Just be aware, it's a WIP but, feels very well massaged overall.

Yes! For me there are many positive attributes, the ability to make the horizon rock solid. I get motionsickness from many games. Next is the UI for car selection and track selection. Of course the nice visual tracks and the car physics seem realistic and it works with SimVibe. It does have some bugs still and sometimes it hangs and requires a CNTL-ALT-DEL or at least ALT-TAB.

Yes! For me there are many positive attributes, the ability to make the horizon rock solid. I get motionsickness from many games. Next is the UI for car selection and track selection. Of course the nice visual tracks and the car physics seem realistic and it works with SimVibe. It does have some bugs still and sometimes it hangs and requires a CNTL-ALT-DEL or at least ALT-TAB.
Do they have it working in chassis mode yet?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.8%