Is Assetto Corsa dying?

Well I have to take back some of the things I said above,this sim is moving in the right direction.The AI is much improved and the car's feel a little less grippy,and that is a big improvement in my book.And I must mention again how realistic it looks compared to Pcars,which is supposed to be the benchmark these days.I can see me sinking a hell of a lot of time in this.

Look at those CARDBOARD CUT OUT SPECTATORS AND TREES. Cheezus Rice.

Please don't extract the urine when you are talking about realism.
All they add to the game is convincing you that everything is made out of lifeless, paper thin, cardboard.

Sorry if that's,what ur worried about when sim racing u should pick another hobby

This is pretty much what's wrong with the sim racing community, righteous soap box preachers who always know everything. Pointing their finger and telling you how to think and what to do.

Jake Fangio is praising the realism of AC, saying how realistic it looks next to what is maybe the most beautiful racing game ever released (yes, PC has problems, realistic graphics are not one of them). AC has some laughable trackside graphics, they are truly abysmal.

Take a look at the graphical fidelity offered by Project Cars and Dirt Rally, they are in a different league.

Next you will be telling me that Kunos is only a small team or some other excuse. In the end there are many factors that increase immersion, graphics are a factor in that immersion, in particular very poor graphics, and graphics are what are being discussed here.

Mod Edit: Debates are welcome, but leave the foul language at the door.

Last edited by a moderator:

All they add to the game is convincing you that everything is made out of lifeless, paper thin, cardboard.

I'll give you the trees and spectators, but the car models and car interiors in AC are more realistic looking than Pcars.Pcars has a slightly cartoonist lighting scheme.AC has a more realistic lighting scheme IMHO.At the end of the day I like both sims.

jimmy2x2x
aint you a contradicting sob..lol

I think whats wrong with the sim community is people like you. mate,

we can live with our sub par gfx and non Hollywood style effects, we want racing cars that feel real and physcis that are realistic if this is to sacrifice gfx so be it,

I'm not here to look at photorealistic cars.

This is pretty much what's wrong with the sim racing community, righteous soap box preachers who always know everything. Pointing their finger and telling you how to think and what to do.

Jake Fangio is praising the realism of AC, saying how realistic it looks next to what is maybe the most beautiful racing game ever released (yes, PC has problems, realistic graphics are not one of them). AC has some laughable trackside graphics, they are truly abysmal.

Take a look at the graphical fidelity offered by Project Cars and Dirt Rally, they are in a different league.

Next you will be telling me that Kunos is only a small team or some other excuse. In the end there are many factors that increase immersion, graphics are a factor in that immersion, in particular very poor graphics, and graphics are what are being discussed here.

Sound's like someone is getting a little over excited. It's not like you have an ego,with that ridiculous mean and moody profile picture.

I like the way "we can live with our sub par gfx"

Who are you exactly, the appointed spokesperson of everyone who has bought AC?

Are you more important than everyone else here or just some loudmouthed internet hardman, representing "we" - whoever they are.

By your own admission you say the graphics are sub par, maybe you should point your pitchfork at jake Fangio - he seems to think differently about your "sub par gfx". He says "how realistic it looks compared to Pcars" what a load of crap.

The graphics are poor, I know it and so do you, confirmed by your 'sub par' statement. Don't try and sell it as otherwise.

I like the way "we can live with our sub par gfx"

Who are you exactly, the appointed spokesperson of everyone who has bought AC?

Are you more important than everyone else here or just some loudmouthed internet hardman, representing "we" - whoever they are.

By your own admission you say the graphics are sub par, maybe you should point your pitchfork at jake Fangio - he seems to think differently about your "sub par gfx". He says "how realistic it looks compared to Pcars" what a load of crap.

The graphics are poor, I know it and so do you, confirmed by your 'sub par' statement. Don't try and sell it as otherwise.
Well i'm out of here,you've scared me off with your tough talk.

Last few pages cleaned.
Guys, if you can't have a civilized discussion without name calling and swearing, then don't get involved at all.

Please have a re-read through our Terms of Service if you need a refresher on the general rules of the forums.

Please keep it respectful.

I hadn't noticed the poor quality tree's, and the only reason I noticed the spectators because I've mowed a few of them down. The track surfaces look great as do the cars,but the physics and handling are what count's the most.I just prefer the lighting in AC,I find Pcars colour's to be to vivid.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back