Is Assetto Corsa dying?

I think they are focusing on the console development. Even though I think it's going to be better for AC on the long run that console thing, they are probably going to slow down the process of releasing updates to PC.
Maybe I'm wrong, but IMO we'll have a real sim racing game just before the console versions comes out, until that time there will be only small updates and money grabbers DLCs.

Surprised that Kimmo Kokkonen hasn't shown up yet :roflmao:

Without his ideas AC would never have seen the light of day:laugh:

AC is more of a Multiplayer-title and when I want a good MP-race, I prefer AC. In R3E I get only very few servers to choose from and in the night maybe one with more than three people. The AI seems to be to good to get enough people online. It's a pity because the AI is ramming more than most online opponents and the AI balancing really sucks. Try a DTM-race on Laguna Seca or Bathurst. The AI is driving incredible times even on 95:mad:

Pitstop rules, saving results and some statistics would be nice. It's no iRacing at all, that's for sure. But more tracks and night/rain races are upper on my wishlist and this takes time.

So Whats up now? FREE DLC with 1.2 update scheduled for July. AC STILL ALIVEEEEE!!!!

I think next year we will have rain on it since consolers will demand that kinde of stuff!!

Nothing is better than driving on slightly damped track! That's where Race 07 came alive when I never liked it in dry conditions and Game Stock car sadly didn't have it.

Marian, that's all I do too. I tried some races, both here and on public servers, but I always got hit from behind and knocked out. Do you experiment with changing the setup on the cars, or just drive with the default setups like I do?

I drive with default setups most of the time. I'm not that good with setups and I need to know if I'm improving with time or not. When I do make some slight change, it's wings or diff.

So where does the major 1.2 update that will be released at the same time as the free cars and track fit into your statement?

Well, I'm not a pessimist guy, in fact I love AC better than any other sim. But until we know what comes with this "major" 1.2 update I will hold my horses. I don't really think that this 1.2 update will change the fact that AC is now a hotlap sim, that's my point, we'll only have a complete racing sim next year IMO.
When/if they release official info about the contents of this update I'll come back here.

No updates at all.... This sim is dying slowly? There are still so many things to improve like AI and multiplayer....
This same question asked one year ago, then people answered like this way: http://www.race2play.com/homepage/show_posts/28188?page=1

First posts

This sim & interest in it seems to have died off. Is it just not going to be any good?

I don't see it in that way, there is no event here simple because there is no way to get results.

And there's 5 pages more...

For me this sim is Dead as I uninstalled it few days ago, of course I checked this topic as there's half price game available and freebie Toyota GT86 :)

Half price and free DLC's, so do you really think it's a live? No it's dead!!!

Oke!

keep-calm-and-its-oke-wae.png

I've got 450 hours in AC, most of them spent driving alone on the track. Never any other game gave me so much fun and sheer pleasure from simply driving a car.

Pure brilliance.

And I jump online from time to time... had many great races with E30 DTM at Mugello, KTM at Imola or Abarth S1 at Magione...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back