Tracks Is anyone working on a new Le Mans?

I really appreciate the work put into the la Sarthe circuit we have now, but it let's face it: It's visually outdated and not that accurate either. I just want to know if there's any hope left, or if I should give up this dream.

Oh and please don't mention any Forza rips etc.

Quite frankly you can count on one hand the amount of really high quality track creators who could do it justice, and unless those guys just happen to have a high interest in it I don't see it happening without some financial incentive. Its just too massive of an undertaking to do a proper job otherwise imo.

The crazy amount of time needed for a track of that scale just doesn't seem possible for someone to do in their free time without already being super passionate about it.

Quite frankly you can count on one hand the amount of really high quality track creators who could do it justice, and unless those guys just happen to have a high interest in it I don't see it happening without some financial incentive. Its just too massive of an undertaking to do a proper job otherwise imo.

The crazy amount of time needed for a track of that scale just doesn't seem possible for someone to do in their free time without already being super passionate about it.
Well, it's the only track I'd gladly pay for.
Le Mans is the holy grail of motorsport for me.
Mod Edit: personal remark removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even just a new ground and track mesh with the "old" Tiago Lima (converted) assets around it could be ok, but it's a hell lot of work and I have no idea where one could get that ground mesh. Does France have public LiDAR? Can the Google mesh be ripped?

ripe-fruit-04c.png

A laser scanned Le Mans exists!

Studio 397 just announced a laser scanned Le Mans for rFactor 2 today. Perhaps it can (ideally with permission) make it to Assetto Corsa when they release it (which, given the timing of the announcement, will probably be during Le Mans on the 15th-16th of June).

https://www.studio-397.com/2019/05/roadmap-update-may-2019/
Dang! Hope S397 allows it, but I doubt it. Could convince me to finally buy RF2.

A laser scanned Le Mans exists!

Studio 397 just announced a laser scanned Le Mans for rFactor 2 today. Perhaps it can (ideally with permission) make it to Assetto Corsa when they release it (which, given the timing of the announcement, will probably be during Le Mans on the 15th-16th of June).

https://www.studio-397.com/2019/05/roadmap-update-may-2019/
you mean officially? HIGHLY doubt anything like that will happen. And Kunos has no reason to buy the scan (and a licence) of it for their Blancpain content.

If you mean as a rip by modders, sure it will happen, but the results may vary... Rf2 is closer to AC in terms of model requirements than Forza for example, but it still is different

There are words to describe certain people.
Could you please stop if you have nothing to contribute?

If you mean as a rip by modders, sure it will happen, but the results may vary... Rf2 is closer to AC in terms of model requirements than Forza for example, but it still is different
Personally don't care for rips. I'd pay for the RF2 version if it would allow me to use an AC conversion though.

My contribution is that you guys are genuinely stupid to even think about it.

Also at present time rF2 >>>>> AC, and this became such a delusional community.

Just don't stale the simracing world and move on.

My contribution is that you guys are genuinely stupid to even think about it.

Also at present time rF2 >>>>> AC, and this became such a delusional community.

Just don't stale the simracing world and move on.
My contribution is that you can take a few days off to read the rules and think about how you make your point in future.

you mean officially? HIGHLY doubt anything like that will happen. And Kunos has no reason to buy the scan (and a licence) of it for their Blancpain content.

It's official

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 110 7.5%
  • < 5 years