Is ACC worth $16.

I know this is an AC forum, but I imagine some people here own both so I thought i'd ask. Saw that ACC was on sale for $16 on Steam and was considering picking it up if it does anything significantly better than AC? I know it lacks the content, but is the driving experience better to make it worth the purchase just to have in my racing library. Was disappointed to see no Nords included, but I have other sims for Nords when I want to drive it I guess. Little concerned that my system isn't powerful enough for it, but i'll deal with that.

So what do people who own ACC think. Is it that much better than AC? How does the AI compare since I only drive offline? Or would I be better off using my $16 on one or two paid AC or RRE mods?

Overall It's worth it....IF your machine is capable of handling it.

If your just using it for ai and are happy only running GT3 and GT4.
Raceroom has more variety and good AI, but lacks many features that ACC provides.
Track tech, rubbering, weather, day to night etc.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Guess i'll pick it up and see if my system can run it. If not, i'm only out $16. I doubt that it will be the bargain AC was though. I got that for $12 last Christmas (including all of the DLC's) and can't believe all that I can do with it for just $12. Maybe some day ACC will feel like a real steal as well.

You know you can refund Steam games in 2 hours of gameplay, right? Should be able to figure out if your system can run it in 2 hours.

Yes I do, but it turns out my system was fine with it so I kept it as an alternative to AC when I need a change of pace. I also have Rf2 and Raceroom, but I hardly ever fire up either of them. I just can't get rF2 to look right and even though it drives great, the visuals just turn me off. Raceroom is good too, but it's so expensive to get a decent amount of content that I get bored driving the same tracks and cars all the time because I don't have the money to get a greater variety of content. That's why AC is so perfect for me. I can never get bored with it because there is always another car or track to try.

Yes I do, but it turns out my system was fine with it so I kept it as an alternative to AC when I need a change of pace. I also have Rf2 and Raceroom, but I hardly ever fire up either of them. I just can't get rF2 to look right and even though it drives great, the visuals just turn me off. Raceroom is good too, but it's so expensive to get a decent amount of content that I get bored driving the same tracks and cars all the time because I don't have the money to get a greater variety of content. That's why AC is so perfect for me. I can never get bored with it because there is always another car or track to try.

If you do like Raceroom and ACC I would also suggest to take a look at Automobilista2.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back