Is AC worth buying?

Hi,

I am currently deciding if I should buy AC.

I became interested after seeing mods for both F1 and GP2. ChargingCar is still making models for these seasons and thinks the community will produce skins.

I'm looking for advice, basically to know if AC is for me.

Are full season F1 mods likely in the future? For example are F1 tracks likely to be made etc.

I have read about issues with racing, is this a game where I can race or is it just about hotlapping?

I have also read little about the ai, if it's possible to race, what are the ai like?

thanks

I don't understand how the "flashback feature" is not compatible with a full sim. Sim is about physics and realistic racing environment, but the flashback feature is a FEATURE. If you can't use it while racing online I don't understand how it can be a bad thing that is not "SIMLIKE". Why not use the fact that sim is not reality to be able to train even more efficiently?

Stop being "purists" for a second come on, it is still a GAME, and this man is right it could be a very good addition to learn track faster ! Nobody said you should use it besides...

Dear Lazybug and Laurent, i think you should start playing another type of game, like GT, Need for Speed or Shi(f)t... Of course AC with a small team can't implement all features people dream of, but you guys don't understand such an easy thing and keep complaining like they were a large team with lots of people and resources. The game doesn't have even flags or pitstops and you guys still talking about "flashback feature", it's unbeliavable...

I don't want to be rude, i respect all people, but clearly AC is not for you guys...

To all participants in this thread:
You are welcome to exchange arguments but you must keep a civil tone. Other moderators and I will actively intervene in this thread, if this should not be the case.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The defunct FC1 has some weird mega stiff suspension(it can literally bounce on the bumps), the Lotus Exos does move up when you shed downforce at the end of a straight...

The car is setup very stiff per default and that's not right. You need to soften the springs and the dampers. In addition, the animations didnt represent the actual movements of the double wisbone suspension in the current version
This was the issue with the GP2 car in version 0.9.5 as well.
Check out the suspension app under 4.1.3 in the FAQ.

I believe someone really missing the point. I myself and i believe @Laurent Boutinaud too never say AC must has flashback and i already state more than one time many months ago that i no more request or expect AC to has flashback because according to Mr Aris AC not going to has this feature due to some engine limitation, so thats already end the story. No one is requesting flashback here, do you read !?

I not sure how someone get it this way like i crying out loud for this feature but what i write in the previous post is simply saying this is actually a nice & useful feature if its inside a game, just any game regardless AC or full sim or not. Thats all. I say these "I play only full sim racing simulator and I never use assist or stupid feature so you all who use assist or stupid feature type of simcade or arcade player pls fxxk off" type of mindset really need to change abit, if thats possible.

And now simply because me & @Laurent Boutinaud understand this feature (remember we never say AC must has this feature, we only say this feature is useful) then we become disqualify to play AC ?? Then player who use mouse / keyboard / gamepad control should leave the game, player who use abs / racing line / auto gear / and all other assist should leave the game, people who use restart / back to pit option should leave the game, player who dont use cockpit view should leave the game

GS mod-edit: You too Lazybug try to calm it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
The car is setup very stiff per default and that's not right. You need to soften the springs and the dampers. In addition, the animations didnt represent the actual movements of the double wisbone suspension in the current version
This was the issue with the GP2 car in version 0.9.5 as well.
Check out the suspension app under 4.1.3 in the FAQ.

I understand that, but even with all the softness you can add to it still bounces around, the Nurburgring chicane is a torture.

All a moot point now.

I understand that, but even with all the softness you can add to it still bounces around, the Nurburgring chicane is a torture.

All a moot point now.
Well, to keep the body roll and the diffuser stable, formula cars are inherently stiffer than GT cars.
You can share a setup in the appropriate forum and we can work from there, if you like.
Have you already tried the suspension app like I described above?

Well, to keep the body roll and the diffuser stable, formula cars are inherently stiffer than GT cars.
You can share a setup in the appropriate forum and we can work from there, if you like.
Have you already tried the suspension app like I described above?
Yes they need to be stiffer compared to GTs, no issues here, but it's also that much stiffer than the Exos, that's what bugs me...
Since it's a mod and all our best "guesstimations" i think they might have overshot the mark a bit.

As for the susp app, i can't read it well, i know C is camber, toe and slip angle i can identify as well...
But i'm not clear on the rest of it, what is SR? why there are no values for rear susp travel...

After a trial error test i went with "relatively" stiffer heave rate (just for the safe ride height) and soft corner springs, i'll see about uploading it ;)

The heave rate is the 3rd spring that resists vertical compression during longitudinal load.
If you press backspace while the susp app is running, you'll see yellow lines that represent the actual suspension arms and their travel.

Last edited:
Well I first started with iracing (very very disappointed), i then brought RF2 it was my first sim game and was still in beta, it was ok but lacked graphics and at times brought back memories of driving on ice which iracing for me was. Then I brought GSC and for the first time I understood how sim racing should feel and started really enjoying it, sadly the online servers were always empty. My RF2 account needed to be renewed even tho the game had not offcially turned gold for my pre paid game access to start ticking down instead of renewing I decided to purchase AC and wow even at this early stage it had me hooked right away, the cars behave as you would expect, the tracks are fantastic, some of the mod tracks are abit well okish, but for me Assetro Corsa is by far my most favorite sim I have tired. Yes it is so worth the buy.

The real questions is, are YOU worthy of buying AC ? :D

resized_business-cat-meme-generator-first-line-you-are-not-worthy-of-my-greatness-a2f688.jpg

If it was me I would wait for a Steam sale or at least for the game release.
At this point the content inside the game do not worth the price that they are asking also many things need to be polished/fixed.
A.I. needs to be improved, the game code needs a serious rework since at this point several glitches and bugs are a really game breaker, graphics also are somehow glitched and a really huge improvement in matters of lightning, shadows and smoke effect is needed, also the sound needs to be heavily improved.
After final release and with the content announced with it we will get a better view about what is and will be AC and also if it worth the price and the money that we need to spend in future with paid DLC to enjoy AC in its fullness.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back