Is 5.1 Audio Possible (in ACC)?

Hi all,

I have a receiver connected to computer with hdmi, running 5.1 audio out. Doing the windows test, it seems to work (I hear sound coming out of each individual speaker when it tests), however, when I start up ACC, I only hear audio coming out of the front two speakers.

I see zero options to enable 5.1 in ACC. Only thing that seems to have worked, is enabling "Spatial Sounds" in the sound settings, but then I guess I'm not getting true 5.1 audio.

Am I missing something? Or is it just not possible?

Thanks in advance!

Windows 10 PC surround sound via TosLink
  • it is possible
  • One of the better information sources is TechPowerUp Forums
  • Creative and Realtek both provide software for digital optical surround output
    • not supported by all their chipsets e.g. many motherboards
    • Realtek's implementation is in an APO, which is
      Windows-specific audio "shim" between applications and drivers
      • APO software may be called "drivers",
        but depend on real drivers to communication with soundcards
    • Realtek's APO has been hacked to work with other 5.1 chipset drivers

Upvote 0
I use a Realtek driver (Windows 10) with my MSI motherboard and digital optical out. The latest versions of the Realtek HD audio driver for Win10 dont appear to support anything but stereo out. I was able to download an older version and use the Realtek audio manager (theres a great video out there with pointer to files - search realtek 5.1 patch), and setup the Realtek HD audio for Dolby 5.1 or DTS with 5.1. I configured the digital out for DTS default as I dont believe it supports Dolby 5.1. Using Digital audio out in to an older Yamaha surround sound receiver, when running AC, the Yamaha automatically locks onto the DTS signal. The audio is great! I can hear cars approaching me from the year, then pass on the left or the right, and progress around me to the front. Same acoustic behavior when driving down a long straight with a pit wall and stands (Suzuka for example). Using tools in Windows10 I can also see each channels audio (all five channels). Im happy for now with surround sound! Still waiting for the next revolutionary drop of Assetto Corsa.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back