F1 2011 is 11/11 wings magical?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
ive been using 11/11 wings since malaysia in my career (im now in turkey), and since then i have won every race, and for practice 2 in turkey i was 1.2 secs ahead of the nearest guy, all this on expert in the williams. just wondering if 11/11 is the best wings setup that can be used for every race?

not sure 11/11 is always best but theres definitely something funny with the wings

reading the set up guides id put low wings on some high speed tracks and it just doesnt work, you can make up so much time on corners and braking with higher wings i never really have them lower than 8/8 now

Having 11/11 wings will of course give the car the maximum aero grip so there are big advantages in cornering from this. However, your max speed will suffer massively on straights. Thus you have a balancing act to do between cornering speed/straight line speed. On tracks like Monza it would be better to sacrifice aero to have max speed on the straights. On tracks like Monaco it's better to sacrifice speed so that you have the most grip. On tracks like Spa you'll have to compromise somewhere.

During setup the goal should always be to use only the minimum amount of aero needed. To do this, the adjustment of springs and ARB should be done with wings set at 1/1 (or 3/3 for a higher downforce track). You should try to cure understeer or oversteer (balance) issues as much as you can with the springs and ARB before you even touch the wings.

Whatever small imbalances you have when you do get to the wings this will tell you the ratio of front to rear wing (eg. use more 1 or 2 more clicks rear wing if you still have oversteer). At this point you should be consistent enough on track to be able to determine if more wing (at the same ratios) will reduce laptimes or not.

Having 11/11 wings will of course give the car the maximum aero grip so there are big advantages in cornering from this. However, your max speed will suffer massively on straights. Thus you have a balancing act to do between cornering speed/straight line speed. On tracks like Monza it would be better to sacrifice aero to have max speed on the straights. On tracks like Monaco it's better to sacrifice speed so that you have the most grip. On tracks like Spa you'll have to compromise somewhere.

but in malaysia and china there are also some pretty long straights and im still doing really well with 11/11...

but in malaysia and china there are also some pretty long straights and im still doing really well with 11/11...

Malaysia and China are difficult tracks to do setups for. They both have a mixture of slow corners, medium corners and loooooong straight; there isn`t a clear direction you need to take with the setup. What is probably happening is the 11/11 wings are helping you with the medium speed corners a lot. With less wing you will need better throttle control and better mechanical grip (from your setup) to reduce the amount of speed you're sacrificing through those medium speed corners.

What you will be gaining is straight line speed. At Malaysia you will be able to get alongside your opponents on the back straight and then beat them in the braking zone for the last hairpin. The same goes for the front straight. At China, much the same applies to the back straight and the following hairpin. I find it easier to pass in these situations than in the medium speed corners so if you can stay with your opponents through those sections you will have an advantage on the straight!
about patch 2 is it advisable to install it? cuz although it fixes the 11/11 spring bug ive read everywhere that it screws up many other stuff
I found patch 1 introduced some issues with FFB and grip, patch 2 resolved these issues. I haven't noticed any drawbacks to using patch 2, I would recommend using it.

btw, you can add multiple quotes to the same post, this will keep the mods happy :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 129 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 473 39.0%