Ironbark Hills

Tracks Ironbark Hills 0.6.5b

Login or Register an account to download this content
millen submitted a new resource:

Ironbark Hills - Fictional Race Circuit

Hello, this is the track I am currently working on in Race Track Builder.

It's a fictional circuit based in central Victoria, Australia. The area of land that I grabbed from Google Earth data is actually a paddock that I drive past everyday on the way to work.

I've called the circuit Ironbark Hills, as this area is very close to one of the largest Ironbark tree forests in the world, and is a very prominent tree in the area.

Would love some feedback on what people think of the layout and...

Read more about this resource...

millen updated Ironbark Hills with a new update entry:

Ironbark Hills 0.4

Changes for 0.4:

-Reprofiled turns 2,3,4 & 13, track flows more now
-Made new pitlane, joins to main track should be smoother now
-Reshaped the alternate route, much more user friendly
-Added lots more trackside objects, walls, kerbs, grass, hay bales... still experimenting with those
-Added proper sand traps on certain corners, once again still experimenting with these.

Hope everyone that has downloaded it, is enjoying it... Still a lot of work to do, but I am learning as I go.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ironbark Hills Version 0.5

Latest build straight from RTB. Next step, I would like to re-create this track using Blender... People seem to think this layout is fun enough to make it worthwhile.

So much has changed since 0.4, a change log is not possible...

Good Things :thumbsup:
+ Layout is different but feels familiar.
+ More vegetation
+ More trackside objects
+ Better textures
+ Better shaders
+ AI Fast Lane
+ Pit Lane sort of works. :p

Not so Good Things :thumbsdown:
- Cameras got broke as layout...

Reactions: Two
I don't think starting from scratch in Blender would make sense. But importing what you have and continuing your work in Blender or another modeller tool would make sense.

I'll try your new version as soon as possible

Thanks mate.

Yes, I was planning what the best way to go about it will be. I am hoping that importing bits and pieces into Blender will not be too difficult, but I'm also prepared to start over if need be, using what I have now to 'trace' the layout and elevations. ;)

That's all part of the fun and adventure. :D

Thanks mate, thanks for trying it out. :)

I do have an update in the works. But I don't have a lot of time to commit to it, plus I'm still only using Race Track Builder, and am a bit un-enthused to continue too much further with that program.

Next update, whenever it comes, should be a 'final' RTB version. Then I'll decide if I'll bother transferring it over to Blender to fix it up. ;)

Lemax's latest update to Glava Zete has kind of inspired me to do a bit more work. Not that my track will look that good, but it's the kind of look I am after and would love to reach one day. haha.

Last edited:
I've been driving IronBark Hills off and one for a while, decided to give it a try testing out a new car, then wondered if there were any updates. It's a really great layout, with a few tweaks and it would be spectacular.

Track building is a job unto itself so I can understand you not having much time.

I'd be happy with the current layout and few to no trackside objects as it gives the circuit a country road feel. Improve textures and shaders might be all that is needed.

I love this track so much. It has a real 1960s British circuit feel; very Oulton Park-ish. I'm very excited to hear that you're moving the project from RTB to Blender. I am sure that great things are to come :thumbsup:

I have been working on Ironbark Hills again recently. Still very very rough, with a lot of placeholder items, but I'm learning and having fun along the way.

ironbark_hills_2020_01.jpg

ironbark_hills_2020_02.jpg

ironbark_hills_2020_03.jpg

Ironbark Hills 0.6

It's been a while...

Lot's has been done, still lots to do...

- circuit itself has been refined, considered visually finished
- landscapes and trackside are far from complete
- all vegetation are placeholders until I create/get more efficient meshes/textures
- KSTree shader wasn't working for me, so trees are currently just AT, sorry.
- no track cams or AI etc at this stage

Still an RTB build, so I accept any shortfalls of that build process.

I welcome any feedback.
Enjoy.

Oh and here is a working map attached, made with CM and tidied up. map.ini goes into the data folder, map.png into the main track folder.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    114 KB · Views: 75
  • map.ini
    139 bytes · Views: 69
Huge improvements over the pervious version - keep at it!
GrassFX and RainFX configs would be good additions, there are plenty of people who can help with these if you're unsure.
Looking forward to seeing more raceday environmental furniture added (pit buildings, grandstands/bleachers, marshals, distance markers, billboards etc) assuming these are on the list. It's got the potential to be a really good race circuit.
Oh, I can't seem to generate a ghost when hotlapping for some reason?

Last edited:
Oh, I can't seem to generate a ghost when hotlapping for some reason?
Probably due to the lack of an AI line.

I already did some work on this, millen probably hasn't seen it yet but I don't think he'd mind me posting it here:

Includes quick jobs on: map, bad AI line (simply to make cameras working), camera set, GrassFX and RainFX.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.8%