Iran to construct circuit with F1 in mind

I previously put a Thread up with alot of Media coverage for the Top F1 Story's Today, One story which is following the Iran building a circuit Story, well here is more details for you folks.

This one is a sensetive one so im asking all of you to not post about the country's reputation or the fact they may or may not be making nuke's..... keep it on topic.!

Iran has announced its intention to construct a circuit in Parand City, just 28 miles south of the country's capital, Tehran.
Design and construction of the 3.1 mile (5km) track will be overseen by Apex Circuit Design at a cost of just $88 million (£55m).
The track will be the first purpose built motorsport facility in the country and, with the go ahead having been granted, completion is expected within 6-8 months.

"We were really surprised after seeing the landscape," said ACD company Director Martin Baerschmidt. "We want to improve the level of immunity and excitement as well."

Source: here

Lol Iran. No freedom to overtake probably.
But serious. F1 should never even consider to go there. Same as Bahrain a couple of months ago but then 10x worse.
Even how good the circuit is.

No no no, these new arab / asian tracks are so boring - we dont need another one. Lets have F1 for us normal people and a F1 asia series for the bernies and tilkes, and we can all not watch it.

This is what I don't understand... without fans there is no market for the sponsors, so these new tracks dont make sense if the fans are not excited about them

I don't think Europe quite gets just how much the world's wealth generators have shifted away from them, all the way to Asia. You have to see the money flowing in Shanghai and Singapore to believe it, and F1 follows the money, not the fans. Tony Fernandes has the right idea for using F1 as a brand in Indonesia. Asian fans will develop, but they'll have a different style. I don't know if it's true, but I recall reading that the world's richest car club is now in Shanghai.

This might be the kiss of death for the British Grand Prix? The oil money of the Middle East is dangling a carrot in front of Bernie's nose and he is chasing it. Hmmm ... come to think of it, we have oil money here in Alberta Canada and we are in dire need of a new race track. We need to be dangling another carrot in front of Bernie's nose. Who cares about Spa, Silverstone or Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and how many drivers and fans like these respective tracks. It's all about the money and who can flaunt it in front of Bernie's nose. Well at least here in Western Canada we can also provide plenty of champagne to the drivers with our oil money following the races. No champagne for the drivers in Iran.

As much as we need a new track here in Southern Alberta, somebody please fit Bernie Ecclestone with some cement galoshes.

He is destroying F1.

Silverstone will be raking it in in the years to come, with Bernie obviously making a % of that each year the GP is held there.
With the developments that are still to come at Silverstone, it'll be on the calander for years to come.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%