Apps iRadar - iRacing Proximity Indicator - SimHub Overlay

Status
Not open for further replies.
romainrob submitted a new resource:

iRadar - iRacing Proximity Indicator - Simhub Overlay - A Proximity Indicator for iRacing

Hi, here is a Simhub overlay for iRacing.
It displays proximity indicators for the closest car (2 cars in some situations).

There are 2 versions to choose from:
The “Dots” version

The “Lights” version

Features
- Blue indicators moving outward as the car behind gets closer. From 15m to 0m.
- Red indicators reflecting the position of the car beside yours.
- Optional...

Read more about this resource...

wrong game ;)

Hi! There is no "iRacing" or "Other game" or "Misc" download category where to post it.
I noticed people tend to post their SimHub creations in the “AC Apps” category, the same as SimHub itself. So I just did the same for my first dash.
Now that I've made a couple more, I just ask RD if they could add an iRacing category.

Last edited:
Hi there...i'm encountering an issue while switching to an 49" Samsung screen. Before i used a 24" screen and everything was ok. When switching to the 49" screen, iRadar was on the first triple part on the left side of the screen. I could move it arround and was also able to enlarge it to the whole screen...saved the layout and it worked in the game. But everytime i restartet Sim Hub, the iRadar layout was again fixed to the left side of the screen. Now i deletet all the layouts and made a new one...and now the "ADD" button of the iRadar layout in layout editor is grey and i'm no more able to add it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Christian

Hi there...i'm encountering an issue while switching to an 49" Samsung screen. Before i used a 24" screen and everything was ok. When switching to the 49" screen, iRadar was on the first triple part on the left side of the screen. I could move it arround and was also able to enlarge it to the whole screen...saved the layout and it worked in the game. But everytime i restartet Sim Hub, the iRadar layout was again fixed to the left side of the screen. Now i deletet all the layouts and made a new one...and now the "ADD" button of the iRadar layout in layout editor is grey and i'm no more able to add it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Christian

Hi Christian! It's probably too large to add to an existing layout. You should be able to work around this issue by using the "new layout" button directly from the "Available overlays"list :
New Layout.png

Thanks for the reply....i tryed that, it's working again but with one issue....i cannot stretch it all over the screen, i just can position it to the middle, which does not really good look at all....when i stretch it, it is again just shown on the left side of the screen.

Thanks

Kind regards

Christian

Hi Christian,
You cannot stretch an overlay, only scale it. Since it has a 16/9 ratio, It won't match your display.
I'll try to make a 32:9 one and see if it works.

Christian,
I made a 32:9 version. It launches, but on my triples, it gives me a big stutter (almost) every time I car gets close enough to trigger it. Maybe it won't be that bad on a single large screen but I doubt it. The 16:9 was already supposedly too large. I think this is pushing it over the limit.
If you want to test it, you should be able to download it from this page. Just remove the ".txt" at the end of the file name (I had to trick the supported format to upload it). Let me now how it goes.

Attachments

• iRadar - iRacing Overlay Ultrawide - Dots+Lights.simhubdash.txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 455
I installed correctly per instructions, however iRadar is not showing up while driving. I can see the overlay in Simhub. I see how to start a dashboard, but how do I start an overlay?

Hi Bob. You have to create a layout from the Dash Studio / Overlay screen.
Also you need to run the game windowed. Overlays don't work if the game in full screen.

Thanks for the reply. There is what appears to be an error message on the Dash Studio / Overlay screen which states "This overlay is too large and can't be started, please split into smaller parts." Do you know what I can do to fix this?

Hi.

This is mentioned in the notes:

Notes
- The very first time you load a car/track combo (while SimHub is running), you’ll have to complete a timed lap for the overlay to start working.
- When your spotter gets lazy, and skips a call, in doubt, the car beside yours will appear on both sides.
- As any overlay, depending on your PC, this may have a performance impact. I didn’t notice any while testing.
- Using the HTML mode is recommended.
- In the overlays list, you will see a red warning message. Just ignore it and judge of the potential performance impact on your own.

I tried building a layout with smaller parts and didn't notice any performance difference. It was just more annoying to create a layout so I went with a "too large" one.

One last thing. Make sure to run the game windowed. SimHub can't display overlays on top of full screen games.

Simbin is running, and it shows me iRacing is running. iRacing is running in windowed mode.I see how to start dashboards, but I can't figure out how to start any overlays, not just iRadar. How do I get them to start and show up on my screen when racing? Sorry for so many questions, checked the Wiki and everything but find no instructions. Thanks again for any help.

Not sure what to do with Dash Studio.

Hi. This is not correct. You need the overlay layout editor, not dash studio.
Let start over.
1. Double click one of the downloaded .simhubdash file to add the overlay to your SImHub collection
2. In Simhub, go to the Dash Studio/Overlays screen
3. On the iRadar overlay click on new layout to open the layout editor
1580821116425.png

4. Position the overlay on your screen
5. Click save Layout and name it
6. Click stop edit

The next you want to start your saved overlay, you'll find at the top section of the "Overlays" screen

1580821371424.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline