iRacing's Upcoming Releases

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
Let's keep a little thread going about what iRacing has in store for us in the (near) future. Some things have been announced, some targets have been rumoured and who knows what you have picked up in the darkest recesses of the net...

Below I will put up some things I find or found. Please post any news, rumours or hints below so one of the moderators can update this thread.

Cars
  • McLaren MP4-12C GT3 - Next up, but time unspecified
  • Lotus 49 - Next up, but time unspecified
  • RUF Rt12R - October 2012
  • Honda Civic BTCC - May/July 2013
  • Honda HSV-010 - May/July 2013
  • NASCAR Sprint Cup 2013 models - TBA
Tracks
  • Auto Club Speedway - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Hongaroring - Plans
  • Kansas Speedway - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Lukas Oil Raceway - In production
  • Rockingham Speedway - October 2012
  • Interlagos - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Miller Motorsports Park - To be scanned
  • New Jersey Motorsports Park - To be scanned
  • Long Beach - 2013
  • Oran Park Raceway - October 2012
  • Tsukuba Circuit - In production
  • Willow Springs - Scanned but on hold
Features
  • Crew chief & spotter functionality - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • Driver swaps - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • DirectX 11 and x64 support - Long term project
  • Dirt and oil build up on windscreen - Side project
  • Enhanced sounds (DirectSound > XAudio2) - Groundwork in next build; the rest later
  • Exhaust fire - Side project
  • Teams - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • Time transition - Long term and after DirectX 11
Your turn!

I think its great that we are getting the RUF but I don't want to start a flame war but isn't iRacing about race cars, not modified street cars? I was really looking forward to a Porsche not a Porsche on steroids, but a simple GT3ish Porsche.

.It is a street car we are getting with more horsepower then we would ever need. I´m up for the challenge, are you? :)

I wonder if they will make it 4wd, If they don't, I can see it now "I don't understand, I try to accelerate out of the corner and it just spins, I try to accelerate on the straights and it just spins why? :D"

I am still undecided on liking this car or not for iRacing because its not a race car. I guess we do already get street(ish) cars but they are free (solstice and MX-5). Is this another marketing scheme like Cadillac?

Since this is the "Porsche" we are getting, I hope the BMW will be a proper race car.

Confirmed it´s RWD :)

And yes, this is a marketing scheme like the Cadillac :) I can´t even comprehend how many on iR forums that call it Porsche.
It´s really not. It´s even a bit disrespectful to call it a Porsche imo.

Yea hoping for a solid BMW, maybe DTM or BTCC/WTCC or the M3 GT4. That car would slot in nicely under the Mclaren.

And yes, this is a marketing scheme like the Cadillac :) I can´t even comprehend how many on iR forums that call it Porsche. It´s really not. It´s even a bit disrespectful to call it a Porsche imo.

Ya I have to agree with you, its a RUF not a Porsche. Yes they (RUF) take a Porsche and tune it, but they take away I think what makes a Porsche a Porsche. Porsche's to me are a kind of a under cover fast car, they don't look outrageous or flashy but they sure go just as fast as the Lambo's and Ferrari's.

to me, it's the Porsche everyone wanted and a very clever way to get round the problems of licencing Porsche (which seem to exist if the so called insiders are to be trusted). If it is indeed a road car, handling should not be a problem since nobody would sell a car that causes rich amateurs to spin off and crash on every second weekend trip. I have no clue, though, how it compares to the Corvette and the GT40 or whether it will better fit into the current Grand Am scenario with the Riley as partner.

Just to clarify the differences between the Porsche and the RUF, despite their visual similarities.

RUF's are built from unmarked Porsche bodies and chassis. When a chassis arrives, RUF builds their own independent work into the car. Because RUF installs many of their own-made parts (not to be confused with badge engineering), the company is recognized as a manufacturer by the German government.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back