iRacing's Upcoming Releases

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
Let's keep a little thread going about what iRacing has in store for us in the (near) future. Some things have been announced, some targets have been rumoured and who knows what you have picked up in the darkest recesses of the net...

Below I will put up some things I find or found. Please post any news, rumours or hints below so one of the moderators can update this thread.

Cars
  • McLaren MP4-12C GT3 - Next up, but time unspecified
  • Lotus 49 - Next up, but time unspecified
  • RUF Rt12R - October 2012
  • Honda Civic BTCC - May/July 2013
  • Honda HSV-010 - May/July 2013
  • NASCAR Sprint Cup 2013 models - TBA
Tracks
  • Auto Club Speedway - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Hongaroring - Plans
  • Kansas Speedway - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Lukas Oil Raceway - In production
  • Rockingham Speedway - October 2012
  • Interlagos - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Miller Motorsports Park - To be scanned
  • New Jersey Motorsports Park - To be scanned
  • Long Beach - 2013
  • Oran Park Raceway - October 2012
  • Tsukuba Circuit - In production
  • Willow Springs - Scanned but on hold
Features
  • Crew chief & spotter functionality - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • Driver swaps - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • DirectX 11 and x64 support - Long term project
  • Dirt and oil build up on windscreen - Side project
  • Enhanced sounds (DirectSound > XAudio2) - Groundwork in next build; the rest later
  • Exhaust fire - Side project
  • Teams - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • Time transition - Long term and after DirectX 11
Your turn!

OVAL
Auto Club Speedway (Not scanned yet, rumors about it changing)
Kansas Speedway (Making sure no changes to track before scanning)
Langley Speedway (Scanned, will finish this track in 2012)
Lucas Oil Raceway (production has started)
Rockingham Speedway

ROAD
Interlagos (Working on getting a scan, some progress. Would love to get this track done)
Miller Motorsports Park (On list to do at some point)
New Jersey Motorsports Park (Scanned, on list to do at some point)
Long Beach (possibly late 2012, most likely 2013, work is being done as we speak)
Oran Park Raceway (Will finish in 2012)
Tsukuba Circuit (Some production has started, would expect it to be done in 2012)
Twin Ring Motegi (Next track to get released)
Willow Springs (Scanned, some production work done, on hold for now)
Circuit Zolder (Spline started, will finish in 2012)
Hungary (talk has been done)
Montreal (talk has been done)

Then you can add Silverstone new layout which will come when the infrastructure and the track is more or less done.
Lime Rock as well with the new chicanes. (a must for faster cars)

FEATURES
Sound enhancements
Day/Night transition
"Build a team"
Driver swaps
DX11 conversion (rumors from members)

They went to scan Interlagos, but were turned back by customs when they arrived in Brazil.

A deal to scan Rockingham (NC, Not UK) has been reached, and I believe they expect to do that in April before when the Truck race takes place.

NTM 2.1 is in the works as well.
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1850485.page

It´s a bit grey on what it does but most likely just making it even more advanced with even more features like blistering, flat spots etc etc.

I hope they make changes to some of the cars that just got ntm, the Star Mazda mostly. I used to really like that car, now I just stopped driving it. They made good improvements to the Corvette so I am sure they will do something, I hope :rolleyes:

Wait, will they only scan the oval of Rockingham? I see what you did there iR, copying LFS, are we?xD

Its Rockingham in the US (http://www.rockinghamspeedway.com/), not Rockingham UK.

Sorry, you're right. There are some tracks with the same name, and you can mix them up. Good for LFS(if they ever introduce it!xD).

I hope they make changes to some of the cars that just got ntm, the Star Mazda mostly. I used to really like that car, now I just stopped driving it. They made good improvements to the Corvette so I am sure they will do something, I hope :rolleyes:

Wow, like me. Although I haven't stopped, but I can't drive and push as "secure" as before. I feel like the car has only got a front axle(Car driving on the front wheels, rear is only there when you spin) and the car seems to understeer more, I turn in and turn in and turn in and yet I hardly stay on the track. Before, I won some races at Oulton, now I am surely missing a second or more(At least I feel slower)? I like the Star Mazda, it needs an improvement or iR failed quite hard with this "update" to the NTM.

Wow, like me. Although I haven't stopped, but I can't drive and push as "secure" as before. I feel like the car has only got a front axle(Car driving on the front wheels, rear is only there when you spin) and the car seems to understeer more, I turn in and turn in and turn in and yet I hardly stay on the track. Before, I won some races at Oulton, now I am surely missing a second or more(At least I feel slower)? I like the Star Mazda, it needs an improvement or iR failed quite hard with this "update" to the NTM.

I bought all the road tracks last year to run the Star Mazda season. I was excited to see that Star Mazda was getting the NTM because I felt like I had to really throw the car around and drift the corners to be fast. I felt that was unrealistic on the OTM. Now it has swung around to other end of the spectrum where if I slide the car at all, and try to counter stear to hold or stop the slide it just snaps around way to fast with no hint that its going to happen.

I bought all the road tracks last year to run the Star Mazda season. I was excited to see that Star Mazda was getting the NTM because I felt like I had to really throw the car around and drift the corners to be fast. I felt that was unrealistic on the OTM. Now it has swung around to other end of the spectrum where if I slide the car at all, and try to counter stear to hold or stop the slide it just snaps around way to fast with no hint that its going to happen.

Exactly, I was dum-di-dum going around, thought I wasn't pushing too much, and suddenly I flew off when I wanted to correct a minimal slide. Thus, I got rather careful recently, like trying to enjoy the race more. I'll be happy with an update though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 488 39.1%