iRacing | Weedsport Speedway Preview Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have today teased yet another piece of upcoming content for the simulation in what has been a busy few weeks for the online racing platform.
  • Weedsport Speedway will arrive in the September build update.
  • The track is 3/8 mile dirt oval based in Cayuga County Fairgrounds, New York.
  • September update also includes Corvette C8R and Dallara LMP2.

Busy times for the content creators of iRacing.com these past weeks, with yet another new item having been confirmed as heading to the title as additional DLC once the September build release hits later this month.

Admission time, I'm not too familiar with the world of US dirt oval racing, so like all good journalists, when in doubt, refer to Wikipedia for your information...

In the early 1950s Stanley Dudzinski carved a one-third mile oval into a berry patch to practice driving his race car. He and his wife Irene further developed the facility and in 1955 the gates were opened for the first competitive event. Glenn Donnelly (originally with Ken Ermiger) purchased the race track in 1970, increasing the clay oval to 3/8 mile, and creating the flagship for the Super DIRTcar Series.​
In 2004, Donnelly sold the race track to the World Racing Group for $4.3 million.[2] Since 2014, the speedway has been owned by Al Heinke, partner in Heinke Baldwin Racing, and previously a partner with Skip Barber at Lime Rock Park.​
Original source: Wiki

To celebrate the upcoming release, iRacing have published the following launch trailer:

No exact date for the 2020 Season 4 update has been revealed by the studio as yet, however many expect the latest build to be deployed to the simulation in the next couple of weeks.

iRacing is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

Want to join in with the discussion about this popular online racing title? Worry not, head over to the iRacing Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the action today!

weedsport footer.png

Last edited:
plus Hockenheim if I got this right

about sound (copied from another thread where it was copied from iRacing):

As of the September build, iRacing will have a much more immersive audio environment. The racetrack will come alive with ambient sounds appropriate for the racetrack location, the current state of the race weekend, and how exciting the on-track action is. Below is a sampling of what to expect, but far from a comprehensive list:
Track location: The overall ambient hum will be different based on where you are racing. At a track like Road America expect to hear the sound of birds, insects, and trees in the heavily forested areas. However go to Knoxville which is right in the middle of busy streets and you'll hear a more appropriate urban drone.
Paddock/pit sounds: At tracks where it's appropriate, expect to hear the clang of tools, the sound of generators spinning up and down, etc. This is also tied into the race state, so while it may make sense to have a bustling pit road on race day, it won't during testing.
Pit PA: Also tied to race state, expect to hear typical pit warnings, whistles, etc.
Pit alarm: Where appropriate, an alarm that will sound when cars enter pit road. The pit crew won't be able to miss your car approaching. Wait until you hear it at Nurburgring.
General PA: In areas of the track where it makes sense, expect to hear general PA announcements that you'd hear if you were really there. Authentic languages are in the plans for the future.
Crowd noise: In areas near the stands and bleachers, you'll hear an appropriately loud sense of crowd presence. As the excitement of the race rises, so too does the crowd's excitement.
This is a project that is years in the making, really. The recent move to XAudio provided the necessary framework for our audio team to develop the required systems and sounds. The final push was a collaboration between the very talented audio engineer (Aussie Greg), sim engineering (Jeff Rubin, Grant Reeve, David Tucker), and the art and production department (Kevin Combs, Kevin Iannarelli, Jake Poulin) who placed these sounds all over our many many racetracks.
We're all super excited about this feature as it truly transforms the in-sim experience. Listen for it #soon in the build next week.

I should give it a try.....but I don't get the fun in racing on dirt lol
It's just a completely different driving skill from road, difficult at first but once you get the hang of it it's pretty fun. There is some free rookie base content with your subscription for dirt oval and RX.
I was never interested in dirt ovals or ovals till l gave it try last year and was instantly hooked....to be honest, for only turning left I found it way more intense than road racing.
Driving around a track full out in a pack bumper to bumper gets pretty nerve racking hoping nobody makes a mistake.
Tho I'll admit a few idiots can ruin it very quickly so getting your rating up is crucial, yet rewarding and frustrating at times.

Last edited:
Before all those pay DLC promotions, I concentrated on all the free mods. Now it seems a lot comes in bundles and I try those now and then "as a bundle". Though it's been a while since my last successfull try with rF2 and combo Portland + Radical SR3-RSX.

So now I HAVE to try the combo Weedsport Speedway + Dallara LMP2 ;) :D

Last edited:
I'm from Ontario, Canada. Many U.S. Radio stations were strong enough to reach me. I can clearly remember hearing "You know it's summer when they're rockin' at Weedsport" during stupidly hot summers. Also, "50 000 watts of power!" which may or may not be accurate, because my friend and I would bump it up when joking around. 50 billion trillion zillion watts of power.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.5%