iRacing v2.0 release schedule update

You saw the title and feared the worst? a delay to the original August date perhaps? well no, actually Steve Myers at iRacing has revealed the first crop of cars to be released with the new tyre model will be as early as next week. Along with the Nationwide car we have now with the new tyre model they will add five more cars. This is great news as it was feared the Ford GT and Honda HPD-ARX-01c LMP2 car may be delayed until after the main iRacing v2.0 release. This is also good news for the forthcoming RaceDepartment iLMS series to give drivers vital testing time with these new cars and tyre model.

The announcement was made in the private members forum here but is also quoted below:

A quick update for you on 2.0 progress. As of right now we are targeting to release next week with the new tire model the following cars:

Class A Impala
2011 Class B Impala (obviously already out but will be updated to the current version of the new tire model)
Silverado
HPD-ARX-01c LMP2
Ford GT
Corvette C6.R

We potentially will have another road and/or oval car done but as of this moment we are focusing on the cars I have listed above. We have focused on the three road cars that we have because the HPD and Ford GT have been developed from the ground up on the new tire model and it only made sense to get the Vette done so we had a complete series with the new tire model.

I have seen some threads asking about the race length of the Prototype and GT open series and why they are not hour plus races and the schedule was created this way to make it more accessible to the majority of the service. It will be our most popular road series this season so we have to approach the schedule differently. We can definitely revisit the race lengths in this series next season.

Steve

Quick question since ive been out of the loop for some time.

Im guessing none of the cars are currently using the new tire model?

Since i was a beta/alpha member i received certain cars and tracks for free. I'd dislike it very much if i renewed my subscription to test out the new tire model only to find out the cars i currently have arent using it. With the only way for me to try them out is to purchase said cars as in post one.

Thanks ; )

Quick question since ive been out of the loop for some time.

Im guessing none of the cars are currently using the new tire model?

Since i was a beta/alpha member i received certain cars and tracks for free. I'd dislike it very much if i renewed my subscription to test out the new tire model only to find out the cars i currently have arent using it. With the only way for me to try them out is to purchase said cars as in post one.

Thanks ; )

Chances are you only have the Solstice, Mazda and Skip Barber on road and Legends, Late Model and not sure what else on the oval side.

If you aren't interested in spending any more money other than a $12 sub, then I'd wait for the other cars. Another 6 or so, should follow the update, so maybe one of yours will be in that next group.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back