iRacing | Update Time And New Track Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have recently deployed a new update to the racing service, and rather curiously teased a potential return to an old favourite track from the NASCAR 2003 days...
  • New build adds various fixes and tweaks.
  • Coca-Cola Raceway fantasy track tease.
iRacing improvements continue at a pace this month, with yet another new build of the simulation having been deployed by the American developers ahead of another season of racing within the online simulation. As usual, the new build comes with a wide variety of different changes to the core software as well as vehicle and track specific changes, all of which can be seen in the update notes at the bottom of this article.

At around the same time as the new build release, iRacing's Steve Myers took to his social media accounts to bring about some interesting news…,

Those with a long memory will recall the fictional Coca-Cola Raceway from the original NASCAR 2003 game, developed by the same team responsible for iRacing, and it looks like the developers are interested in bringing this circuit back to life within iRacing, making a surprising move to add a fictional venue to a simulation that prides itself on laserscanned accuracy.

Should this track make it to the sim, it will be very interesting to see how it is received by the legion of loyal iRacing fans and oval racers.

Update Notes:
  • Fixed an issue where the “Ranked” and “Unranked” filter names were incorrect in the Filter Summary Bar.
  • Fixed an issue where the Registration Bar was appearing incorrectly.
Current Series
  • Fixed an issue where the “Heats” filter Tag was not collecting any results.
Heat Racing
  • Fixed an error that occurred when users attempted to create or edit events using any Heat Racing format.
Payments
  • Fixed an issue where users were unable to create a League if the Account option, “Use iRacing Credits and Dollars towards my subscription & car/track purchases” was disabled.
Simulation
Race Servers

• Two new Race Server farms for hosting user-created Hosted Sessions have been brought online.
  • – – These new Race Server farms are JP-Tok in Tokyo, Japan, and BR-Sao in São Paulo, Brazil.
  • – – – When creating a Hosted Session, select the Race Server farm geographically closest to you in order to ensure ideal connectivity and racing for your session.
  • – – No Official Races are planned to be run on these Race Server farms at this time.
Race Control
  • When a Race finishes under Caution, you should now receive the same pace order messages as you would under any other Caution. This may help to prevent unexpected penalties due to passing under a Yellow Flag after a Race has finished.
  • Fixed an issue with the new pit exit delay Race Control system where if the first and last cars on grid are on either side of the Start/Finish line, the grid traversal time would compute out to be negative instead of wrapping positive, resulting in a 2.0 second Pit Exit Hold Penalty for some racers.
Old Damage Model
  • Collision incident reporting has been updated for the Old Damage Model so that world impacts check to ensure the material is a non-racing surface before reporting an incident.
Cars
McLaren MP4-30

• Fixed a wrist twist animation issue for some drivers when steering counter-clockwise.
iRacing is available now, exclusive to PC.

Check the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, chat and tips about this popular online racing simulation.

iRacing Footer.jpg

I always like to check out these threads to remind myself how badly iRacing sucks, because the 100s-1000s of people I see racing on the platform at any given time of day makes me wonder sometimes if iRacing isn't doing a lot of things really well.

For such a niche community that simracing is its sad to see they are such a spiteful lot on here towards a seemingly great developer.

the road side of things doesn't get the love it should from the developers especially with how many new people have joined the Sim racing community this year.
Oh yeah, they did nothing for the road racing community. They didn't add this year Dallara LMP2, Corvette C8.R GTE and for sure they didn't sneakpeaked Long Beach and new car (probably Huracan GT3) just few days ago. No, only ovals, ovals, ovals and NASCAR...

On a serious note: I'm sorry to say, but NASCAR will get priority every single time with iRacing, cause that's what gives them best marketing value. eNASCAR Pro Invitational races (with real-world drivers) were the best watched esports events in history of American TV. eNASCAR series for simracers has Coca-Cola as title sponsor and offers biggest cash prizes.

You'll have 100+ drivers lining up to race MX-5s in rookie, but it's the oval racers that will get them money.

F_B

Premium
Gonna say bye to Iracing in January 2021 when my sub runs out. It have been exciting years since late 2013 with lots of good online races. However since 2017 I’ve only run a handful of races. The reasons? I’m not willing to spend this amount of time in the sim when I have only left a couple of hours during the week. There are many other sims and games I want to sink time into. So Iracing becomes expensive if you don’t have the time to use it. Also I don’t really like the new content coming, I have a soft spot for historic cars and Iracing is not really the place for this. Yes, the Lotus 79 and IMSA GTP is great but the participation is low and restricted to only two slots per week. Also the Kamel GT series lacks more cars (what about a Porsche 962 for example?). And finally it’s too much oval content for my taste but that’s of course only logical since it's an US based service.

So…long story short: if you have the time and money Iracing is great, there is no other sim where you can have organized and mostly fair multiplayer racing apart from leagues.

Gonna say bye to Iracing in January 2021 when my sub runs out. It have been exciting years since late 2013 with lots of good online races. However since 2017 I’ve only run a handful of races. The reasons? I’m not willing to spend this amount of time in the sim when I have only left a couple of hours during the week. There are many other sims and games I want to sink time into. So Iracing becomes expensive if you don’t have the time to use it. Also I don’t really like the new content coming, I have a soft spot for historic cars and Iracing is not really the place for this. Yes, the Lotus 79 and IMSA GTP is great but the participation is low and restricted to only two slots per week. Also the Kamel GT series lacks more cars (what about a Porsche 962 for example?). And finally it’s too much oval content for my taste but that’s of course only logical since it's an US based service.

So…long story short: if you have the time and money Iracing is great, there is no other sim where you can have organized and mostly fair multiplayer racing apart from leagues.
Think I might end my Sub too.
I don't mind GT3 once in a while but like a good variation.

Been enjoying AMS2 but online is even worse than RF2.

Which brings me back to AC..at the moment it offers the most variation on any SIM, though I don't think I've seen any oval tracks.

Are there any european sim racers that are into just oval racing???

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 77 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 28.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 65 15.9%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.8%
  • €3001-5000