iRacing Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Busy times for iRacing players once again, as another sizeable update has recently deployed for the simulation.

Yes, iRacing most certainly have a rather pleasing habit of throwing out those incredibly large updates, even when what not necessarily a main build release, and the new 2020 Season 2, Patch 3 release is no exception.

The new build dropped for iRacing a few short days ago, and contains plenty of fixes and improvements for a wide selection of cars and tracks currently available within the game.

With this update being more a traditional patch than major build release, no new content has been made available - but worry not, looks like plenty is on the way in the not too distant future.

Season 2, Patch 3 Update Hotfix Notes:

Rendering

• Disabled cockpit mirrors have had their color returned to black.
Flagman
  • Flagman has received some additional training from a flag-waving grandmaster. He should now transition from yellow to green faster, and be ready with that green!
Cars
Audi R18

• Some Level of Detail (LoD) settings have been improved.
Audi R8 LMS
  • Rear wheels may now have their toe adjusted independently.
BMW M8 GTE
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Daytona Prototype
Dallara DW12
  • Active Push 2 Pass now appears on opponent vehicle dashboards, and in Replay mode.
Dallara F3
Dallara IR18
  • Engine water cooling has been increased.
    – Push 2 Pass may now be engaged when throttle position is above 80%, rather than 90%.
    – – Push 2 Pass also now disengages automatically when throttle position falls below 50%, rather than 90%.
  • Push 2 Pass screen has been adjusted so it appears more similar to the other warning screens on the display. The four outer lights blink green when Push 2 Pass is active.
  • Active Push 2 Pass now appears on opponent vehicle dashboards, and in Replay mode.
Ferrari 488 GT3
Ferrari 488 GTE
Ford Fiesta RS WRC
  • Tire branding has been adjusted.
Ford GT – 2017
Formula Renault 2.0
Formula Renault 3.5
NASCAR Gander Outdoors Chevrolet Silverado
NASCAR Gander Outdoors Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Xfinity Chevrolet Camaro
  • A dashboard decal has been added which displays the driver’s last name and number.
NASCAR Xfinity Ford Mustang
  • Car model has been updated to match the 2020 NASCAR Season.
    – – This change affects all paint patterns.
  • A dashboard decal has been added which displays the driver’s last name and number.
NASCAR Xfinity Toyota Supra
Pro Mazda
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (991)
Porsche 911 RSR
Porsche 919
Skip Barber Formula 2000
Subaru WRX STI
Supercars Ford Mustang GT
  • Tire parameters have been updated.
    – – These changes influence tire cooling, tire compound, cornering stiffness, grip, and rolling drag. Current Season setups remain unaffected.
Supercars Holden ZB Commodore
    – – These changes influence tire cooling, tire compound, cornering stiffness, grip, and rolling drag. Current Season setups remain unaffected.
VW Beetle
[Legacy] V8 Supercar Ford Falcon – 2009
[Legacy] V8 Supercar Ford FG Falcon – 2014
[Legacy] V8 Supercar Holden VF Commodore – 2014
Tracks
Barber Motorsports Park

• Track surface textures have been updated.
Bristol Motor Speedway
  • Some advertisements and signs have been updated.
  • The colossus has been added.
  • Track logo on the start/finish booth has been updated.
  • Camera set has been updated.
  • (Single Pit Road) – Fixed an issue where drivers starting in stall positions greater than 50 were getting a Black Flag for a closed pit entry at the start of the parade lap.
Lånkebanen (Hell RX)
  • (Hell Rallycross) – Fixed an issue with the track name in-Sim.
Myrtle Beach Speedway
  • The position of the Qualifying stall has been adjusted.
Richmond Raceway
  • Camera set has been updated.

iRacing is available exclusively on PC.

Got questions about something specific within the sim? Post a thread on the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our community help you out!

iRacing Update 2.jpg

Last edited:
iRacing has managed to slam a homerun and turn something bad into a lot of positive energy. Not a real esports fan, but watching real race drivers who normally risk their lives on the track demonstrate their skills while having a little fun on the side is awesome.

That was exactly the magic ingredient that manages to draw me in, the real factor that imo is missing from eSports.

iRacing is a super platform.

Its main flaw is how it locks of “licensed” content if you do not pay your subscription.
So you can have ALL the tracks - which I’m almost ashamed to admit I do - but not drive on any of them if you skip your monthly fee... OTOH that’s how a lot of real world works as well, so I can’t fault them for it, however I can sure say I don’t like it.

You know what they say about opinions.;)

Absolutely!

I rarely watch simracing esports in general. I find even the best broadcasts are a bit dull and the majority try to make them to professional and for the most part it just feels like I am watching someone's replay with added commentary and names I've never heard of.

FS1 has done an amazing job so far (helps to be a massive broadcasting company)
But for me they have set a new standard for wanting to watch esports and keeping me interested throughout the broadcast.
Real broadcasters, some humour, familiar driver names, similar cut scenes etc.

Several times I was brought to tears laughing at the commentary, comments from Boyer, the drivers sponsor setups around the rigs, I loved how they interacted with the drivers throughout the race. The crank it up audio throughout the race all made it very similar to watching a live event.

Bubba Wallace rage quiting, Larson & Saurez continuing to retaliate each other under yellow and getting ejected was hilarious.

I enjoyed how they promoted the sim and pointed out it's strengths while poking fun at the flaws and differences in simracing.

Overall iracing has done an amazing job setting up all these deals in such a short period of time.

So far they have setup several big deals, some on national TV.
Sunday eNascar on FS1
Starting Monday nights another short track eNascar event will be on NBCS with Earnhardt and several other pros.
Thursday nights on FS1 will run a dirt oval World of Outlaws esport event with pro drivers.
NBCS will run the Indy series.
IMSA series will view on YouTube channel and and IMSA app.
Australian V8 Supercars are running an esport series with there drivers...not sure how to view it?

Hopefully the money they are making from these deals and massive increase in new subscriptions will help with further developing the sim.

Last edited:
they're using the usual Swiss cheese iRacing IMSA lineup and just the guys driving other cars in real life can choose one of the "wrong" cars. That's the beauty of the IndyCar series with real life drivers, where you just have to slap on the proper skin cause everyone is in the Dallara anyway.

I haven't tried iRacing for a while. As someone who views ACC as the pinnacle of modern racing sims (in terms of ffb, physics, graphics, depth of simulation) and hasn't been keen on the FFB of iRacing in the past, is it worth me re-visiting? The organized multiplayer has always been great and I miss it..

I haven't tried iRacing for a while. As someone who views ACC as the pinnacle of modern racing sims (in terms of ffb, physics, graphics, depth of simulation) and hasn't been keen on the FFB of iRacing in the past, is it worth me re-visiting? The organized multiplayer has always been great and I miss it..
oh, we're deep in the realm of personal preferences here … I play both, enjoy both a lot and FFBwise like iRacing better (if I compare GT3 to GT3) (wheel: T500) but as I said, you will find people on both sides of the fence. Participation is through the roof, regularly around 15thousand European evening time (looks like the BMW GT LeMans series is very very popular atm, never tried it), too bad my home office is so stressful, I only did one event all of last week :(

If you haven't already, check out the World of Outlaws broadcasts on Youtube and Twitch. I actually think those races are more fun to watch than anything else they have running and I don't normally follow that series. The NASCAR presentation and coverage has been exceptional though.

the problem w iracing ... is #1 won't work on my windows 7 machine...(windows 10 is lame 4 gaming) and.. won't support my video card...raelly? why not let me dumb down graffix i don't need .. it's just racing...and i get great frame rate with my card already

I bought every sim , but skipped iRacing. I am only interest in GT3 but it has no AI and I am not into multiplayer. Also the pricing is a huge wall. I bought all GT3 cars and tracks for ~80€ for RaceRoom but to spend 1000 on a game is ridiculous , I guess there is enough people who a are buying it, otherwise the pricing would be different.

Personally, no...if you hold ACC or any other game as a pinnacle.
You'll more than likely expect it to be better in all those areas and be be disappointed if they are not.

the problem w iracing ... is #1 won't work on my windows 7 machine...(windows 10 is lame 4 gaming) and.. won't support my video card...raelly? why not let me dumb down graffix i don't need .. it's just racing...and i get great frame rate with my card already

That's because it is no longer receiving security updates which could allow a hack or breach to the iracing service.

How old is your gpu that it's not supported?

I bought every sim , but skipped iRacing. I am only interest in GT3 but it has no AI and I am not into multiplayer. Also the pricing is a huge wall. I bought all GT3 cars and tracks for ~80€ for RaceRoom but to spend 1000 on a game is ridiculous , I guess there is enough people who a are buying it, otherwise the pricing would be different.

As great as the AI is in iracing and personally think it is one of the best implemented to date in any of the sims I own.....
Why anyone who doesn't race online would even consider getting into iracing just for AI is really beyond me...but if you got money to burn please support the dev team! :)

I see the AI as another added benefit for those that race online and already use the content in seasonal series and wanna use it for setup testing or be able to use old legacy content that is no longer used in the systems.

For offline users I'd suggest saving the money and buying something like AMS or AC where you can get tons of mods for free.

Oh....and apparently there is over a 100k active users on the service....so yes, there is plenty of people willing to pay the price ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years