Iracing... ugh.

Since being stateside and having my schedule changed, I have been unable to join any of the club races during the week... since they are 1pm my time.

So, I sucked it up and joined iracing and have to say that I am trying my best to be excited. I am getting regular races when i want them, and lots of practice with others.... both VERY COOL, yet I am just not enjoying driving the cars. The cars feel like my hands had a serious dose of Novocaine. I am dissapoited, i really hoped someone would crack this nut and get it right, alas the sim that has the FFB just doesnt seem to have a desire to really see a larger vision like iRacing has. Thats Sucks. Anyway...

So... I am going to look around for a league here in the states that runs NKpro. I need races in the evenings. If you know of any options let me know... sure wish there was an option here at RD, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Hey Mark, your not alone there mate, I know how frustrating it can be when you want to race and there's no events that fit your time schedule, being in Australia is the pits for that, I even tried to start an Aussie club here but received no support for the idea, hence the reason I try to stay up till 3am most Thursday mornings so I can at least race once a week, not that Ive had much luck with that lately....bloody computers, lol.

Hope you have better luck finding a local league than I have :)

Cheers

For me, it is quite obvious people are seduced by the above (plus competing against other people) into thinking it is the best simulation ever.

Even in my place that simracing is definitely unfashionable, south korea, many people prefer to believe it like that as just the best simulation.

Of course I don't think whatever is the best or there is now, at least I think people should always be open to reasonable criticism.

In Japan and other Asian countries, simracing seems to be definitely on the rise, though. In your country, aside from the "best ever sim" (*cough cough*), what other sims are known? GT5, maybe? Console racing games do have a large following in Asia, it seems.

Yes surely GT5, and next popular thing is NFS shift or Forza series, maybe is the same as other countries.
For the rest, LFS was the most popular game until 1~2 years ago, although it's a small scene, next is Simbin series or rfactor. In recent a year the "best ever sim" has been making a hit, as I know.

I always liked the papyrus games personally, but on the other hand, I would like to keep calling it as 'skiRacing', honestly there is a huge gap between iracing and real onboard video, even as a visual.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back