iRacing to model the McLaren MP4-12C GT3

iRacing.com and McLaren have announced a second project with McLaren that will involve bringing the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 to the iRacing service. iRacing regulars will remember the first project between iRacing and McLaren that saw McLaren Electronics's ATLAS data acquisition/telemetry software brought into the iRacing service and this new development will be a most welcome addition. The McLaren MP4-12C GT3 has already raced in the British GT Championship at Spa-Francorchamps, the Total 24 hours of Spa and the Blancpain Endurance Series race at Magny Cours. A McLaren spokesman said:

McLaren Automotive are delighted that iRacing.com has chosen to develop a
virtual edition of the MP4-12C GT3. We believe that the innovative features of
the MP4-12C alongside our GT3 specification modifications will make an exciting
proposition for online simulation racing fans. McLaren made extensive use of
simulator technology in the development of the MP4-12C, and we hope this project
will allow our fans to get a taste of the GT3 car and inspire the online
community to show their support for the McLaren GT teams during the 2012 season

MP4-12C_GT3_March42011_013.jpg

No firm date has been announced for this new car other than it will be available to iRacing members in 2012.

Man have i heard that alot since i started iRacing :)

No but seriously, the car might arrive in Jan/Feb, can´t remember when the next build comes.

The HPD was announced in March, the car arrived in August so that´s 5 months.
Mclaren was announced in September so that is February.

I really hope we don´t see the car in May..

Also, with the Porsche license probably even a bridge too far for even iRacing, they have decided to provide us with a decent alternative............ the RUF.

With a BTCC car also being lined up, road racers of the iRacing community rejoice.

:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back