iRacing to Add Barcelona Grand Prix Track in Future

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Barcelona Coming to iRacing.jpg

iRacing have been seen performing laser scan duties at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya recently - seemingly confirming another new track is on the way for the sim.

Although based in Bedford, MA and having a very strong focus on the North American racing scene, the iRacing online racing simulation also has a very fair offering of European car and circuit content for their members to enjoy, and according to a very recent tweet from the team, it looks like the Barcelona Grand Prix circuit is in the pipeline to join the sim sometime in the near future.

Set to host the traditional Formula One pre-season testing schedule from February 18th, and home to the Spanish Grand Prix for a number of years now, the Barcelona circuit is a more traditional European racing venue, tough on cars and very technical in places, it should make for a very nice inclusion in the simulation as and when it becomes available to purchase.

Now, before you get too excited I might have to dampen the enthusiasm somewhat - don't expect this track to be appearing in the iRacing store anytime soon - according to the Twitter post of earlier today, laserscanning of the Spanish venue is still taking place at the moment.. so plenty of time to go before a sale worthy version of the track can be recreated and made available within the sim.

With another Formula One grade venue set to be added, are you excited to see the addition of Barcelona, and what other tracks would you like to see coming to iRacing in future?

Viva Española!

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

I think this track is better than its reputation. I think most people know this track from f1 where it produces mostly dull races with little overtaking while also having huge reliance on downforce. But I think it is a fun track to drive in sims. The corners have nice flow and while the new last corners are pretty much trash the previous gp version with the fast last corner is pretty fun.

I cannot say any of the Spanish tracks excite me.Most were built in the 1990s & are great for motorcycle racing but are a bit mediocre for cars.It will be popular with the numerous Spanish sim racers on Iracing.
What tracks would I like to see?The two tracks that are close to me produce some of the closest racing in the UK.Thruxton & Castle Combe.Neither appear very often in Sims(Thruxton TOCA3?).
Outside UK Istanbul Park would be popular,Adelaide,Melbourne or Pukekoke which produces some good racing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%