iRacing | The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8R Is Coming To iRacing

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Yes, iRacing have yet another new high profile car release in the works - as the new Chevrolet Corvette C8R is confirmed to be heading to the sim later this month.

American muscle with a hint of European inspired design, the latest in a long line of Corvette machinery has rolled off the production line and onto the race tracks of the world - with plenty of divided opinions from the Chevrolet faithful, and now the new car is set to be recreated in virtual form, thanks to the development team over at iRacing.

Scheduled to be added to the simulation as paid DLC during the month of December, the new car marks a very welcome addition of yet more closed top GT machinery within the title, joining the likes of Ferrari, Porsche and Audi in what is a growing roster of endurance specification cars.

At this early stage no exact time frame of when the car will be released has been revealed, however I think it fair to say we probably won't have to wait until the very dying days of September to enjoy all the new content goodies coming as part of the new season update for iRacing.com.

iRacing is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

Want to join in with the discussion about this popular online racing title? Worry not, head over to the iRacing Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the action today!

iRacing Chevy Footer.jpg

I saw one in person for the first time the other day. My reactions in order:

1) Overall, very nice looking car - eye catching.

2) It's a little awkward looking from the rear. Not ugly by means, just didn't look as polished/slick as the front view.

3) It's friggin' HUGE. If they could make one at about 7/8's the scale, I would have one on my wish list for sure.

Not sure what the market is like overseas, but here stateside used 'Vettes are extremely affordable if you're willing to go back a gen or two. Give it a few years and this might be a really interesting way to get into a mid engined car on a budget. Like I said though, they'd need to shrink it to entice me in. I'm hoping GM has long term plans to do something like a 3.0L or 3.5L V6 twin turbo but are holding back so as not to freak out the old time 'Vette fans.

But will it handle as well as the Pcars3 version? .:roflmao:Sorry. Couldn’t help myself.

The IMSA lineup is impressive now with all the latest brands and an LMP2 car. Not much missing at this point other than a DPi which is basically an LMP2 with more power.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%