iRacing | The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8R Is Coming To iRacing

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Yes, iRacing have yet another new high profile car release in the works - as the new Chevrolet Corvette C8R is confirmed to be heading to the sim later this month.

American muscle with a hint of European inspired design, the latest in a long line of Corvette machinery has rolled off the production line and onto the race tracks of the world - with plenty of divided opinions from the Chevrolet faithful, and now the new car is set to be recreated in virtual form, thanks to the development team over at iRacing.

Scheduled to be added to the simulation as paid DLC during the month of December, the new car marks a very welcome addition of yet more closed top GT machinery within the title, joining the likes of Ferrari, Porsche and Audi in what is a growing roster of endurance specification cars.

At this early stage no exact time frame of when the car will be released has been revealed, however I think it fair to say we probably won't have to wait until the very dying days of September to enjoy all the new content goodies coming as part of the new season update for iRacing.com.

iRacing is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

Want to join in with the discussion about this popular online racing title? Worry not, head over to the iRacing Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the action today!

iRacing Chevy Footer.jpg

Okay think peeps getting muddled up with the tyre model.
Yes they cocked up the release big time. Wrong numbers punched into a keyboard probably an over zealous skint racer...
But they fixed it, okay it took time but feels more like it should...
If the car is set to edgy then you need to have fly reactions... Mellow it out and pretty easy to catch slides, not the ones were your never going to get it back, that's a trip into the RallyCross zone.
Completely different experience than mine in the rallycross cars....I find them extremely easy compared to the other cars to catch the rear end and 4wheel drift at ease.
Tho I do hope they update the dirt tires as they don't currently have wear if I am correct and I find the tire carcass to soft and mushy and needs a bit more lateral friction/resistance when on dirt.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years