Iracing TCR Cars

Hi people

I recently bought the TCR Cars in iRacing, tho I like them, I am finding it strange how they handle differently from the Raceroom TCR cars. The iRacing cars are way too bouncy in my opinion and not as stable as those in Raceroom. Even setting the car/s up with the stiffest suspension they are still too bouncy.

Is there anyone else that has found this comparison?

THanks

As a long timer user of both games...
I've always liked the touring cars in Raceroom...there pretty forgiving, fairly easy to drive and setups are pretty basic...but the Raceroom engine is far less dynamic than iracing.
No laser scanned tracks, dynamic track heating, etc.
Raceroom tracks have also been known to be pretty smooth as well.
It wasn't until recent that they added a road vibration slider in the ffb to address that, which I assume is just a canned effect but not 100% sure.
I would assume if it was physics based the track mesh would have had to be redone...which I don't recall reading about.

In regards to the bouncing, the Honda received an update at the beginning of the season to address a suspension issue which was causing excessive bouncing over curbs, that's the only time I experienced bouncing.
I also use a VRS tune for each weekly track that are pretty good.

I agree, they do handle different but can't tell which is more accurate? personally, I find all fwd cars in Sims pretty different from the ones I've driven in RL...granted none have been race cars

Last edited:
I've always liked the touring cars in Raceroom...there pretty forgiving, fairly easy to drive and setups are pretty basic...but the Raceroom engine is far less dynamic than iracing.

In regards to the bouncing, the Honda received an update at the beginning of the season to address a suspension issue which was causing excessive bouncing over curbs, that's the only time I experienced bouncing.
I have only used iRacing TCR in the AI format so far. I have tried different set ups for the TCR cars, tried the iRacing set-ups, and then others I have come across but I think they still bounce too much.

Being a new car, I'm sure they will receive more updates.
Have you checked the official iracing forms to see if others are experiencing this or have a solution?

It wasn't until recent that they added a road vibration slider in the ffb to address that, which I assume is just a canned effect but not 100% sure.
I would assume if it was physics based the track mesh would have had to be redone...which I don't recall reading about.

I agree, they do handle different but can't tell which is more accurate? personally, I find all fwd cars in Sims pretty different from the ones I've driven in RL...granted none have been race cars
Hi, I have just been reading your reply and you mention using a VRS tune , are you racing the TCR's in the IMSA series as the Touring car challenge is fixed?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back