Iracing some questions

Stig Bidstrup

Jarek says " 900 degrees of rotation "
Premium
Hi I have some questions
1. Does it cost money to enter online races in Iracing ??
2. Is there enough races ( or any ) for the European Time zone ??

Stig Bidstrup

1. You can join any race you have the content and an eligible license for free, as long as you have a current subscription. There is a $0.50/hour price to create a hosted session on iRacing's servers.
2. For road racing, the EU timezone is often one of the most popular.

Which cars are you most interested in? I could pull some recent info for you and let you know how likely you are to find races.

Stig Bidstrup,

to add to Bakkster's post, you can:
- enter as many races as you want, as long as you have the car(s) for those races (no longer necessary to own the cars you will not drive)
- you can even join clubs and enter "private" sessions of those leagues/clubs
- you can choose any race, it won't be affected by time zone; participation will, though. And some cars are more popular than others; you can race with those "less popular" cars at specific time zones, chances are you may find groups of 5 to 8 people then.

When you don't find enough iRacers available for a race, you can always go for time trials (you alone, obviously) and "training sessions" (often, you can find enough people to drive among).

Hi again
which cars are the most popular in the European time zone ??

I have now checked the cars and the ones I would like most to drive
I have listed here.
1.Skip barber Formula 2000
2.SCCA Spec Racer
3. Lotus 49
4.Mazda MX-5 Roadster
5.BMW Z4 GT 3 in that order and thanks:thumbsup: for the response

Stig Bidstrup

I hope Bakkster or someone else may help further.

You can take a look at :

http://www.iracing.com/leagues/leagues.php

http://www.iracer.info/statistics

Both the Spec Racer and the Skippy have seen drops in participation numbers - can't say what's the panorama in your division.

The Mazda Cup (for the MX-5) seems quite stable - almost double comparing to last year.

The Classic Lotus Grand Prix (Lotus 79) seems to be in a somewhat bad shape in participation numbers.

The GT3 Challenge Series (includes the MP4-12C, the RUF RT 12 R and the Z4 GT3) seems steady.

Obviously, all this can change in a relevant way with the introduction of a new track and improvements to the tire model.

Last edited:
All but the Lotus will get solid participation during EU primetime. Miata at class C will be decent later in the week, but the Rookie series always has tons of splits. GT3 is the highest participation road series right now and for the foreseeable future.

I say, and that's my opinion, don't go for the fast car. Try to take it step by step. I'm new to iracing too and i'm quit fast in the mazda. But i also like the mazda. If you're interested in iRacing because of the somewhat realistic side of it, more simulator than game, than it's a great experience to learn to heel&toe, throttle match, trailbrake, ... I own faster cars like the McLaren & RUF which are very fun to drive. Especially the Ruf C-spec in the world sports car series were there's no abs or TC option. But i'm not doing official race events because i wan't to be fast (or 90% as fast as possible for me) and consistant in those cars first. (they are a handfull but very rewarding if you "got it right")

I switched to the advanced mazda's after i while. (Still mx-5, but with open setup) Now i start to really anjoy the community part of the sim. And also the very helpfulness of the fastest guys and even the aliens. Nowhere can an in-game community be found that takes it as serious as you want or is a friendly as it gets. I learned from others as much as i learned on my own in iRacing. And the "others" were even happy to help. Not really happening in other games so much i think.

So (still only my pov), stick to a slow car, learn the tracks / behaviors / ... you'll also start to learn to know some of the guys you started with and eventually the experienced and faster guys. And the occupation question; If you're European than you're good in iRacing. Don't expect the same amount of online "rooms" like say a "Gran Turismo". Do expect stability and a far far greater experience if you're using a wheel / rig.

If you decide to go iRacing and want some on track advice, just ask me or pm me (my iracing name is Dries Nys2)

See ya

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing