iRacing: Sitting Too High in Mazda MX-5 in VR

When racing in VR (WMR), iRacing places me too high in the driver's seat of the Mazda MX-5. So high that the rearview mirror blocks my view out the windshield.

Is there a way to lower the driver position within car? And is it possible to remove the rearview mirror altogether (since I prefer using the virtual mirror)?

EDIT: Oh and while I'm asking questions - In "Practice" is there a way to display your time delta between your best and current laps? Or perhaps a "ghost" of your best lap?

Thanks!
Bert

Last edited:
Thanks again, Dave --- But I tried mapping buttons to "Increase/Decrease Driver Height" and the only thing changing (in VR) is that the virtual mirror and visible menus go up and down. The view of the driver thru the windshield remains unchanged. :( Strange, because it works properly in non-VR.

I got the Delta Lap time display though.

To remap your seating position in VR per individual car, go into the camera menu in-game (I think f12 is the default) and adjust your position to what feels right for you, save the adjusted position then reload the saved file. This will be just for that car though.

FWIW I got my answer on the iRacing forum:

"You need to map a button to 'HMD Recenter' found at the bottom of the controls option screen. That defaults to the ';' key.

What is happening is your headset is on your table when you start the sim and we take that as centered. Then when you put it on your head it is as if you suddenly stood up, forcing your head through the roof of the car. We clamp your height to the roof of the car and all the changes you have made to lower your position are small enough that they don't bring your head back down to that limit so you see no change in position.

Put the headset on and hit the recenter button and all will be well."

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back