IRacing single player

I received a free year subscription to iRacing, however, I only race single player in racing sims. Does iRacing have enough single player content to justify using my free key?

I received a free year subscription to iRacing, however, I only race single player in racing sims. Does iRacing have enough single player content to justify using my free key?

Free content? Eh...probably not. It's good to test though. Lime rock park, Tsukuba, Okayama as well as Charlotte and USA Speedway for ovals.

Free cars are lacking though, but then give it a go and see if you find it fun.

As a single player only person I definitely found it fun, although more content and a few more features are definitely needed.

Free cars are lacking though, but then give it a go and see if you find it fun.
Mazda MX-5 is absolute joy right now. The improved tire model feels incredible, this is the first time I fully understood why this car is considered as one of the most enjoying cars in real life.
Other than that MX-5 has now new damage model and of course works with AI, so you can create some seasons for yourself.

Nevertheless I don't think the free content will be enough for a year of AI races only, but hey, if you got a subscription for free, just try it and enjoy.

Mazda MX-5 is absolute joy right now. The improved tire model feels incredible, this is the first time I fully understood why this car is considered as one of the most enjoying cars in real life.
Other than that MX-5 has now new damage model and of course works with AI, so you can create some seasons for yourself.

Nevertheless I don't think the free content will be enough for a year of AI races only, but hey, if you got a subscription for free, just try it and enjoy.
So to understand. You buy iRacing for a monthly fee, and on top of that you have to buy cars (and tracks?)?

So to understand. You buy iRacing for a monthly fee, and on top of that you have to buy cars (and tracks?)?

Unfortunately...yes.

The quality backs up the cost though, I'm just waiting for more content and features for AI for me to move over more to using iRacing.

But if you don't have the money then that doesn't matter. It's a shame the cost of items is as high as it is honestly, but again the quality is there, as unenjoyable as the process of paying up that amount is.

EDIT: Just to add, you only have to buy the cars you want to drive, the AI can drive whatever, whether you own it or not, as long as AI have been implemented for it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately...yes.

The quality backs up the cost though, I'm just waiting for more content and features for AI for me to move over more to using iRacing.

But if you don't have the money then that doesn't matter. It's a shame the cost of items is as high as it is honestly, but again the quality is there, as unenjoyable as the process of paying up that amount is.

EDIT: Just to add, you only have to buy the cars you want to drive, the AI can drive whatever, whether you own it or not, as long as AI have been implemented for it.
Try real racing and then you'll see how cheap iracing really is. :)

Try real racing and then you'll see how cheap iracing really is. :)

This is all well and good but if I could try real racing then believe me I would. I do the next best thing , simracing. Again, unfortunately I can't afford the more expensive stuff in simracing like a proper rig, wheel, or something pricey like iRacing. It being cheaper than real racing doesn't help.

It's good don't get me wrong and I've really enjoyed my time with the AI, it's just difficult to justify when ACC etc exist for much cheaper.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.5%