iRacing Set To Release Much Needed Road America Refresh

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have confirmed their Road America circuit is due to have something of a lick of paint, with the service set to deploy a nice refresh of one of the most popular road courses within the simulation.

Now before you all get too excited about the news, iRacing have confirmed the update will NOT include a re-scan of the famous American venue, the changes are purely about bringing the circuit up to modern day standards considering how old the initial release is (well past a decade since it first came out, fyi).

The new build will include a freshly re-painted venue, with new curbs, road mesh and trackside signage applied to bring the venue back in line with more recent content quality levels. Obviously, without the benefit of a brand new laserscan, the layout and road textures will remain as before - but needless to say, any improvements that can be applied to this exceptional circuit are always well received...

iRacing is available now, and is exclusive to PC.

Want to know how to get the most from your simulation? Ask our awesome community at the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

iRacing Road America Update 2.jpg

Attachments

• iRacing Road America Update 1.jpg
    iRacing Road America Update 1.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

I wouldn't say it's the "much needed" refresh in the service (lots are waiting for Spa), the better news I had is we'll have (at least !!!!) a finish version of Long Beach (one day^^), but it's great to see "old tracks" get an update :)
@++

Guys there's so much stuff added in the new release, you missed:

• BMW M4 GT4
• Indy Pro 2000 PM-18
• NASCAR Chevrolet Monte Carlo - 1987
• NASCAR Ford Thunderbird - 1987
• NASCAR Gander Outdoors Ford F150
• USF 2000
• Kentucky Speedway - re-built from new scan data!
• Road America - updated
• Limited Tire Sets
• Quickie cautions, drive-through penalties, and more Race Control updates
• Stockcars, trucks, and some road car tire updates
• 7 more cars utilizing the New Damage Model
• New Damage Model multithreaded processing
• Auto-Exposure Camera System
• XAudio2 API, an updated audio manager, has been integrated into iRacing

I agree a lot of tracks would need to be graphically updated (and accurate curbs) but I'm still very excited about the rest

iracing is by far the best sim on the market at parting you with your money.... not only do you get to purchase content you want but also get the privilege to pay a monthly sub to access and use the content you paid for... in true spirit of iracing generosity, you get to pay the monthly sub even for private testing content you purchased offline. Feel so grateful and blessed.

iracing is by far the best sim on the market at parting you with your money.... not only do you get to purchase content you want but also get the privilege to pay a monthly sub to access and use the content you paid for... in true spirit of iracing generosity, you get to pay the monthly sub even for private testing content you purchased offline. Feel so grateful and blessed.
I'll be honest in saying that anyone that cannot correctly type the name of a game/ simulation is a person that I pay no attention to.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 492 39.2%