• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured iRacing Season 4 Hotfix Released

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,141
    yep, also looking forward for AI to be able to do some nice stock car oval events, real life players in A-class are way too good for my skills, ain't no fun ootling around in the back and hoping for the next yellow to catch up.

2. BrunoB

BrunoB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +155
    @Eckhart
    Be aware Im not sarcastic here - but is this "issue" not the same as in RL?
    I mean that some of the most competent and "stable" drivers disappear forward - and you are left to compete with (hopefully) other drivers on equal skill level as yourself.:)

At the moment an iRacing membership has no actuality for me but because you never know then Im following this AI discussion with some interrest.
    And I have to say that eventhough there is a lot of human online drivers (both in iRacing and outside) I consider as plain idiots (and/or completely unskilled) then driving against a human driver is quite another world than just knowing that the other one is just some rather simple algoritm :rolleyes: that is programmed(scripted) to react in certain ways according to your and other AIs behaviour.
    I have to admit that I have allways considered iRacings policy of not fiddling with stupid AIs of one of the positive things that made this sim standing above its more casual gamer-ish competitors.

That Im (was) not alone with this attitude shows all the posts I can remember inside iRacings forum where members was killing (verbally) anybody who even mentioned the word AI in connection with iRacings future.:whistling:

ByTheWay: My personal oppinion is that iRacing never would have dreamed about touching the AI issue if there had been customers enough in the service to meet the minimum participation quota in its many ghost town series.:sneaky:

3. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young
    Premium

Ratings:
    +94
    I re-subbed for one month to see if I’d change my mind about iracing but I just can’t get into it. The NTM doesn’t seem to have made any difference to me, the feel is just poor. Maybe it’s the way I have it set up? I’m on a Fanatec csl Elite. If anyone has great settings, please let me know because right now the FFB is terrible.

4. BrunoB

BrunoB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +155
    @jonathan
    Im not playing smart here - but are you sure you are checking the V7 out on the rather few cars who allready have it installed?
    If yes then it sounds not very promissing that you cant feel any difference.:x3:

5. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,617
    Picked up the the new Audi RS3 this weekend and really enjoying the car and added features.
    Great update with more to come :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tony 93

Tony 93

Ratings:
    +1
    Ran the V8 supercar around Phillip Island last night awesome
    With the new thrustmaster sparco shifter on my rig
    OMG its good

• Love Love x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.