iRacing | Season 2 2020 Patch 6 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Yet another new update for the increasingly popular iRacing platform has been released - introducing patch 6 for the 2020 season 2 build of the simulation.

Another hotfix update rather than full blown new build release, patch 6 for iRacing recently deployed on the Steam platform complete with a range of small, and not so small fixes and improvements for the title.

Of the more noteworthy aspects of the latest build is the inclusion of Lime Rock Park amongst the growing list of AI enabled circuits within the sim. Adding another new track AI feature was somewhat unexpected at this point in development, and will no doubt be well received by the iRacing community who enjoying taking their racing experience offline on occasion.

Other changes include the now customary tweaks to various cars and tracks within the game, as well as additional support for Fanatec peripherals.

Update Notes:

AI Racing

• Lime Rock Park – Grand Prix is now available for AI Racing!
Peripherals
  • A new parameter, “joyEnableVibrateThrottleWithPedal=1” has been added to the “[Force Feedback]” section of the “app.ini” file.
    – – When set to “0”, this parameter disables the vibration motors on a Fanatec throttle pedal.
  • Users now have the option to offset the position of n-position rotary switches so you can more easily match the numbers on your knob to the numbers shown on screen.
    – – When recalibrating you can now choose to offset the value by +/- 1. This offset is relative to the first position on the switch and not the numbers that may be painted on it. So, a +1 offset would output 1 for the first position rather than 0.
Cars:
Dallara IR18

• Season setup for Iowa Speedway – Oval has been updated.
Ford GT – 2017
  • Various audio for this vehicle has been improved, including On-board engine sounds, starter and ignition sounds, and gear shift compressor sounds.
Global Mazda MX-5 Cup
  • Vehicle artwork has been updated to utilize the 2020 Season contingency decals package.
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (991)
  • Tire model has been updated.
    – – Our primary goal with these changes is to have the tires come in much more quickly from cold, eliminating the need for tire warmers. Also, we have targeted a more realistic, and quite low, degradation over the course of a run.
Supercars Ford Mustang GT
  • A Ford logo has been added to the dashboard.
Super Late Model
  • Engine airflow to the radiator at tracks over a mile long has been increased.
Tracks:
Dover International Speedway

• SAFER barriers have been added on the straights.
  • Driving Line Guide has been updated.
  • Some advertisements have been updated.
Stafford Motor Speedway
Talladega Superspeedway
  • A gap in the back-straight wall has been fixed.
  • Some fences have been updated.

iRacing is available now exclusively for PC.

Got questions about the simulation you need answering? No worries, get a thread started in the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and let our community help you out!

iRacing Patch 6.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

Soon, the season 2 of the porsche esport supercup, and a new "feeder serie", the porsche sprint challenge (top split in opening, with the cayman gt4)
...And, all these patches are getting a bit boring, not a week without a fix...tssss....
@++

Soon, the season 2 of the porsche esport supercup, and a new "feeder serie", the porsche sprint challenge (top split in opening, with the cayman gt4)
...And, all these patches are getting a bit boring, not a week without a fix...tssss....
@++

So they are fixing the service... too much for your liking? You would rather NOT have fixes every week?

• Deleted member 205301

So they are fixing the service... too much for your liking? You would rather NOT have fixes every week?
As Dazmaniac said, I'd rather have a build with the less bugs possible, and have one big fix instead o one everyweek...
Dont get me wrong, I'm on Iracing since 2011, and its my favs from far, but since one year, these fixes (and fixes for the fix etc...) are getting more and more often, maybe a bit of precipitation ... but it wont get me out of it ;)
@++

I decided the other day to give iRacing another go, and why not? Illinois just extended the stay at home for another 5 weeks (which I whole heartily support) so going to give that AI a try. After the first race using the Skippy and Sebring I thought the AI was a bit slow at apex to turn out/exit but had awesome acceleration once on a straight line.
Anyone have any tips on setting up the AI to optimize experience.

I decided the other day to give iRacing another go, and why not? Illinois just extended the stay at home for another 5 weeks (which I whole heartily support) so going to give that AI a try. After the first race using the Skippy and Sebring I thought the AI was a bit slow at apex to turn out/exit but had awesome acceleration once on a straight line.
Anyone have any tips on setting up the AI to optimize experience.
Seems different for everybody. I have good battles with the AI but I am not super quick either. It is my favorite AI to race against so far. I run them at an 89-95% strength range. They do get on the power really easily, but that is the case for most AI in most games in my experience.

There are plenty of people that can run them at full 'alien' mode and still beat the Ai easily so YMMV.

Reactions: DND
  • Deleted member 205301

ex: Tyre model...vegetation...ambient sound...weather...particles...legacy visual
nice trolling boy, but seriously You totally dont know what your talking about...
This is just trolling... argh ... if you got nothing else to do, then, do what you want, but dont hope someone here give your talks any sort of interest...
@++

Last edited by a moderator:
ex: Tyre model...vegetation...ambient sound...weather...particles...legacy visual
You should educate your self on a topic before posting to avoid looking like a misinformed troll.

NTMv7 can in 2019
Each car that has received the NTM was built for that series meaning they vary.

Weather currently doesn't have visuals or wet racing but they have been implementing moisture and temperature changes for the future weather build. The new dynamic cloud system was added a few months back and effects track surface temp.
There was a multi layer track surface heating system added which generates the temps based over several days, based off the weather.

Vegetation may not be top notch, but I am not looking at trees when racing. A few yrs back they added 3d trees and swaying to them.

Sound: they have been updating sounds and switching over to the x-audio engine.
There is also an ir-ambience plug in available aswell.

Particles- loose surface physics were added back in 2018 when iRX was added and is incorporated into all road tracks.
All cars have Sparks when scraping, exhaust back fire, smoke, windscreen and vehicle dirt, rubber marbles and oil splats hitting the windscreen.
Dirt and grass sticking to tires when off track along with visual tire wear.

Visuals- a new lighting system was added a yr or two ago with 24hr day to night transition, 3d crowds, ultra shaders detail level, damage model, sharpening, spec maps (chrome & matte paints) etc. etc.

New beta UI has been up and functional for a while now, AI was implemented recently and very well done, which will only get better with time.
And IMO, has the best VR implementation of any racing sim I've played....visually and performance wise.

So ya...same old 2011 game.

Last edited:
Seems different for everybody. I have good battles with the AI but I am not super quick either. It is my favorite AI to race against so far. I run them at an 89-95% strength range. They do get on the power really easily, but that is the case for most AI in most games in my experience.

There are plenty of people that can run them at full 'alien' mode and still beat the Ai easily so YMMV.

At first I struggled a bit with the AI as it seemed they knew nothing of my existence. I tried the button for having the AI avoid contact and it was much improved, not that they were jumping out of the way but just more aware. Thanks for the tip I set it 60-85% and finished 5th.

I like how they are updating the sim regularly. it means they're always working on it...my only complaint what I think is the same for a lot of us on this sim and that is .. tires....the inability to push the car to the limit and slightly past it is and has always been a sticking point for me. after driving pretty much every sim out there I still fall on iracing as the most competitive and most complete package. I don't know how to fix the tires, only wishing that something changes....the last tire update was a massive step forward in the model...just need that little bit more work on it.

p.s how do you add the signatures on the bottom of your comment

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 202 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years