iRacing | Season 2 2020 Patch 6 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Yet another new update for the increasingly popular iRacing platform has been released - introducing patch 6 for the 2020 season 2 build of the simulation.

Another hotfix update rather than full blown new build release, patch 6 for iRacing recently deployed on the Steam platform complete with a range of small, and not so small fixes and improvements for the title.

Of the more noteworthy aspects of the latest build is the inclusion of Lime Rock Park amongst the growing list of AI enabled circuits within the sim. Adding another new track AI feature was somewhat unexpected at this point in development, and will no doubt be well received by the iRacing community who enjoying taking their racing experience offline on occasion.

Other changes include the now customary tweaks to various cars and tracks within the game, as well as additional support for Fanatec peripherals.

Update Notes:

AI Racing

• Lime Rock Park – Grand Prix is now available for AI Racing!
Peripherals
  • A new parameter, “joyEnableVibrateThrottleWithPedal=1” has been added to the “[Force Feedback]” section of the “app.ini” file.
    – – When set to “0”, this parameter disables the vibration motors on a Fanatec throttle pedal.
  • Users now have the option to offset the position of n-position rotary switches so you can more easily match the numbers on your knob to the numbers shown on screen.
    – – When recalibrating you can now choose to offset the value by +/- 1. This offset is relative to the first position on the switch and not the numbers that may be painted on it. So, a +1 offset would output 1 for the first position rather than 0.
Cars:
Dallara IR18

• Season setup for Iowa Speedway – Oval has been updated.
Ford GT – 2017
  • Various audio for this vehicle has been improved, including On-board engine sounds, starter and ignition sounds, and gear shift compressor sounds.
Global Mazda MX-5 Cup
  • Vehicle artwork has been updated to utilize the 2020 Season contingency decals package.
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (991)
  • Tire model has been updated.
    – – Our primary goal with these changes is to have the tires come in much more quickly from cold, eliminating the need for tire warmers. Also, we have targeted a more realistic, and quite low, degradation over the course of a run.
Supercars Ford Mustang GT
  • A Ford logo has been added to the dashboard.
Super Late Model
  • Engine airflow to the radiator at tracks over a mile long has been increased.
Tracks:
Dover International Speedway

• SAFER barriers have been added on the straights.
  • Driving Line Guide has been updated.
  • Some advertisements have been updated.
Stafford Motor Speedway
Talladega Superspeedway
  • A gap in the back-straight wall has been fixed.
  • Some fences have been updated.

iRacing is available now exclusively for PC.

Got questions about the simulation you need answering? No worries, get a thread started in the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and let our community help you out!

iRacing Patch 6.jpg

Last edited:
my only complaint what I think is the same for a lot of us on this sim and that is .. tires....the inability to push the car to the limit and slightly past it is and has always been a sticking point for me. after driving pretty much every sim out there I still fall on iracing as the most competitive and most complete package. I don't know how to fix the tires, only wishing that something changes
What what?
Are you me?:D
Exactly this is/was more or less my only complaint against iRacing.
My own and a lot of others description of this issue is that all cars in iRacing have a "binary" behaviour when you try to drive close to the edge of adhesion/grip for the car.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Binary: Either/or grip.;)

Hello guys, yes! this was a gentle type of provocation, sorry every one!! I really like iracing and I understand that things are developing in all aspects and reflect little in the visual, my iracing time has passed, I'm 58 and I went to university to do architecture, no more time to be spinning ... yes Bruno..It's my Lolla, 8-year-old springer... I have 2 more ... Keké and Sid!

Attachments

• 24273760_1666098600095984_4820604205327336076_o.jpg
    24273760_1666098600095984_4820604205327336076_o.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 64
I had a black springer spaniel as a kid.
But it died because my parents didnt get it fully vaccinated because of the cost.:thumbsdown:

Oh Bruno!!

very sad with this story !! they are absolutely amazing!! I would not eat to treat them but I understand ... parents are parents I hope that one day you will have another springer. Take care there with the covid ...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back