Featured iRacing Season 1 Update 2 Released

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,523
    This is as of right now, which is about avg. When I am on,weekends are very busy and drop to around 1000 in the early mornings between 12-3am Screenshot_20190111-125241.png

2. OzzyNeil

OzzyNeil

Ratings:
    +30
    Forget this , April 1st is in the 3rd week, dude having a laugh. Whooshed over my head.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli

Ratings:
    +199
    I agree with some of this but, then again, almost all sim-engines have areas of physics which they suck at. Heck, there are some sim-engines which have barely fixed majorly obvious issues that have been present in all versions of their physics engines from the early 2000s and still continuing to this day in their latest version. All simracing games have areas of physics which suck and are therefore a compromise. You just have to choose the one/s you enjoy most.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. neuer31

neuer31

Ratings:
    +153
    Specific examples please

Seems like you got none, so cut out the bs

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +21
    I agree with this - at least on the crucial area that for me decide if a racing sim is useable and enjoyable.:cool:
    Its the sims slip/slide area where tires momentary loose adhesion/grip and (hopefully) regain it again.
    iRacing is complete hopeless in this area (often you have to nearly stop the car to regain grip (when you momentary have lost it :whistling: ).
    rF2 is closest to a "realistic" ideal - but is still not perfect.
    Raceroom is better to simulate loosing grip but worse regaining it.
    ACC is somewhat reasonable but because of a general (irritating) delay/lag in both loosing and regaining ACC doesnt feel realistic at all.
    pC2 feels also "somewhat reasonable" but because the tires are generally too sliding/drifting both loosing and regaining grip feels like driving on a (somewhat) wet or muddy surface.

ByTheWay: All above accessments is ofcourse IMO :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.