iRacing Season 1 Patch 4 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Updated.jpg

iRacing.com has been updated today, undergoing maintenance to receive a new small update that addresses several areas of the simulation.

The new build, available now following an extended period of downtime due to the traditional iRacing patching procedure, adds plenty of little improvements to both the core simulation experience and several of the cars contained within the title.

Although not quite to the scale of recent updates we've seen for the game, the latest Season 1 Patch 4 release is a useful and welcome release for this ever evolving and improving piece of software. Of the key features from the new build, perhaps the inclusion of some handy improvements / fixes to the pit functionality for a variety of vehicles are most noteworthy - the simulation is now better able to determine the amount of damage and subsequent repair time during race scenarios.

Other miscellaneous fixes for a number of vehicles have been brought into the sim, of which the full list can be found in the change log notes below.

iRacing Update Notes:

Member site
  • The Membersite has been updated with the ability to select to use Dynamic Sky when creating a Hosted Session, and when using the TEST panel!
Connectivity
  • Fixed a bug that could cause cars to temporarily disappear if the Race Server hit a particular error condition.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the set of cars that the Race server sends to a user to not necessarily be the cars that are closest.
  • This could occur in two different situations: while a spectator in a Session, or if there was a network hiccup that caused a user to briefly "wink-out" inside the Race Server (the kind of error that could lead to laps being marked "discontinuity").
Race Control
  • Fixed an issue where if a gained time checkpoint gets triggered in an area at or inside a very sharp corner of track geometry, the car could appear to already be before the checkpoint and cause the rule to immediately think the car had already yielded enough time and cancel the gained time tracking before it even started.
Heat Racing
  • Fixed a bug in the formation of the Feature Race starting grid that could improperly restrict the number of cars that make it into the Feature.
  • Fixed an issue where the results of drivers who would not run in the Feature Race where included in the pre-Feature Warmup Session results.
Pit Stops
  • Improvements have been made to the wing and clip replacement algorithms so that now the repair timer is aware of them. It will report their progress as part of the required repairs countdown timer. This should help clarify when a car is still actively receiving repairs.

This change effects the following vehicles:
  • Chevrolet Corvette C7 Daytona Prototype = Nose replacement. Work only begins after the car comes off jacks.
  • Indycar Dallara - 2011 = Front wing replacement. Work only begins after coming off jacks.
  • Dallara DW12 = Front and rear wing replacements. Work only begins after coming off jacks.
  • Dallara F3 = Front and rear wing replacements. Front wing work begins while on jacks, and rear ing work begins only after coming off jacks.
  • Dallara IR18 = Front and rear wing replacements. Work only begins after coming off jacks.
  • Formula Renault 2.0 = Front and rear wing replacements. Front wing work begins while on jacks, and rear wing work begins only after coming off jacks.
  • Formula Renault 3.5 = Front and rear wing replacements. Front wing work begins while on jacks, and rear wing work begins only after coming off jacks.
  • McLaren MP4-30 = Front wing replacement. Work only progresses while on jacks.
  • Williams-Toyota FW31 = Front wing replacement. Work only progresses while on jacks.
Controls
  • During controls calibration, the Num Pad Enter key is now accepted when prompted.
Customer Service
  • Some functionality has been added to help customer service get the content version numbers for installed content to help diagnose loading errors.

CARS:

Cadillac CTS-V Racecar

Fixed an issue where this vehicle's brake lights were not working during the day.

Dirt Late Model
(ALL) - Clutch pedal functionality has been removed from these vehicles.
This was done to prevent a reported corner exit "clutch dump" exploit. Drivers should no longer be able to use the clutch pedal in these cars.

Dirt U.M.P. Modified
Clutch pedal functionality has been removed from this vehicle.
This was done to prevent a reported corner exit "clutch dump" exploit. Drivers should no longer be able to use the clutch pedal in this car.

Formula Renault 3.5
Durability strength of the rear plank collision spheres have been increased by 50%.

Porsche 911 RSR

Fixed a minor aesthetic issue with the rear of the vehicle model.

TRACKS:

Daytona International Speedway

The gained-time checkpoints at the hairpin turns have been updated to correctly penalize people using the inner road surface as a shortcut. This change adds about 1.5 seconds to the gained-time penalty.

Daytona International Speedway - 2007
The gained-time checkpoints at the hairpin turns have been updated to correctly penalize people using the inner road surface as a shortcut. This change adds about 1.5 seconds to the gained-time penalty.

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I've recently resubbed to iRacing following a 2+ year absence, I've enjoyed the freedom of fun pick up races again, even if I have been blatantly taken out and subsequently lost Rating because of it #groan
Dynamic Track Surfaces are good and new to me in this Sim, but I'm against the "Pre Determined" Rubber line that appears on the tracks (Road) I've driven, I'd prefer a 100% Dynamic implementation like RF2.
The VR implementation is brilliant, a smooth 90fps in Races, the picture is clear and crisp, my only minor gripe is the Dynamic Mirrors are too sensitive to head movement but it's certainly not a game breaker.
I've tried the Beta UI, not a fan, much prefer the Website way of doing things although it is messy and could do with a clean up.

Overall I'm enjoying my stint back, I will persevere over the coming month and decide on a further Sub thereafter, mainly awaiting the AI!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%