iRacing Rallycross Potentially Coming Next Few Weeks

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing Rallycross.jpg

Since dirt content came to iRacing this year fans have been clamouring to find out when the promised Rallycross content will be ready, and it seems like it could be very soon indeed..

Speaking to members of iRacing on the official forums, iRacing President Tony Gardner confirmed the team are full steam ahead with development of the proposed Rallycross content, with the potential to get some content out possibly within the next four weeks.

"Just an update. Our Rally Cross project is still coming along nicely. It is looking like the initial launch will be two cars and three or four circuits. Not sure on the exact timing but it should be this year. Probably within about a month, we can give a better window for the release.

We also are making good progress on the much-requested feature, new license capability. For example, adding both a dirt oval and dirt road (rally cross) license including iRating & Safety Rating etc. It has taken a while as our whole system, database, license and skill structure was hard-coded for just road and oval licenses. However a good shot we will have the new licenses (dirt oval & dirt road) in our next season build.

We also are working on heat racing functionality for both official racing and hosted racing. Much more on this soon but this new functionality also has a good chance of rolling out this year. We are ideally rolling this capability out with Rally Cross racing for example. We would also set up some dirt oval and short track pavement series with this new functionality! (When the timing is right, for example at the start of a new season).

Although each series does things a little differently, heat racing generally would work very similar to the way it works in the real world and includes some nice functional flexibility. Heat racing, for those not familiar, is short races leading up to the main feature race (A-Main) or the consolation race (B-Main). In iRacing, the mini-tournament would all be part of a single session and the whole thing might last for example 45 minutes. For official racing, it would still be part of an overall series.

There also are much more really great projects in development obviously (more on those later) besides the LMP1 Cars we announced today but I thought I would update on rally cross and a couple projects that are related".

iRacing is a racing simulation exclusive to PC and available now, either direct from iRacing.com on via the Steam network.

For more news and discussion, head over to the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDeparment and get yourself involved in the community action.

Looking forward to Rallycross coming to iRacing? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
When another company has the same licensing, safety system, and protest system for online multiplayer, then iRacing will have a competitor. Right no it has no competition for the service it offers.

I am happy to pay the price they are asking to have good online multiplayer. It isn't always great, but overall better than anything else out there.

Why do you people who hate iRacing and their pricing model come into every thread and bash them? If you don't like it and don't want to pay for it, just stay out of this forum.

I don't have and don't plan to get ac, automobilista, or rF2. So I never even look in those sections of the forum.

When another company has the same licensing, safety system, and protest system for online multiplayer, then iRacing will have a competitor. Right no it has no competition for the service it offers.

I am happy to pay the price they are asking to have good online multiplayer. It isn't always great, but overall better than anything else out there.

Why do you people who hate iRacing and their pricing model come into every thread and bash them? If you don't like it and don't want to pay for it, just stay out of this forum.

I don't have and don't plan to get ac, automobilista, or rF2. So I never even look in those sections of the forum.
It's on the front page, bro. Besides, as long as the whales keep supporting this broken engine and shady company, there is no reason to move forward to something next-gen.

Reactions: rw3
That is not 50% .... fail
And we are here not talking about Coca Cola ... fail

Several companies undercut iRacing prices by far ... AC, PC, R3E, rF2, etc.
And they still live and make good profits (just see how much profit PC1 did)

Your statement is incorrect.
I don't think the statement is incorrect. Project Cars does generally not have the same type of users as iRacing if you ask me. It's really hard to undercut iRacing because of the community arround it

I think we all know exactly how this'll pan out. It'll be popular for about a month, like all slightly tricky content, and then participation will drop to the point where there's no bugger racing it. This is especially likely if they don't sort out the dirt road license (dirt oval has already suffered badly from that). Yes they've said they'll try to get it done on time but they said before releasing dirt that it'd have its own separate license, with the implication that it'd be at the same time, plus we all know how iRacing are with getting stuff out on time #soon.

That is not 50% .... fail
And we are here not talking about Coca Cola ... fail
Several companies undercut iRacing prices by far ... AC, PC, R3E, rF2, etc.
And they still live and make good profits (just see how much profit PC1 did)

Your statement is incorrect.

This statement of yours totally convinced me that you are clueless and you have no idea what iRacing is all about. Iracing has implemented safety rating system, iRating system, protest sytem, 24 h organized multiplayer races on dedicated servers on 3 continents (USA, EU, AUS). Excellent netcode, cash prized championships with proper point system. On the top of that the community is full of dedicated simracers, who are passionate about simracing, respecting each other and willing to spend some money on their favorite hobby. And you know what? Im actually happy about the price structure, it helps keep away those pimpled faced ignorant noobs who drive with one hand and want to win the race in turn one.

So my statement was correct, on the other hand yours was embarrassing.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

This statement of yours totally convinced me that you are clueless and you have no idea what iRacing is all about. Iracing has implemented safety rating system, iRating system, protest sytem, 24 h organized multiplayer races on dedicated servers on 3 continents (USA, EU, AUS). Excellent netcode, cash prized championships with proper point system. On the top of that the community is full of dedicated simracers, who are passionate about simracing, respecting each other and willing to spend some money on their favorite hobby. And you know what? Im actually happy about the price structure, it helps keep away those pimpled faced ignorant noobs who drive with one hand and want to win the race in turn one.

So my statement was correct, on the other hand yours was embarrassing.
You don't get what Sim Racing is about. It is about realism. And iRacing is one of the most unrealistic one's. The price they demand does not justify what they offer.

Excellent netcode: You are kidding me? Go play as EU on official races, you are paired with US which some of them lag around and netcode-kill you. Or the netcode is so inaccurate that you suddenly have front damage, engine damage and are down 10 kph, even you clearly didn't hit ****. Or when the server (especially split 1 and split 2) do regulary crash during endurance racing. Or cars are warping during crashing inside each other ... Yep seems like great netcode.

Cash prized championships: Yeah pretty much only for those that exploit the setup system and track limits and practice 100s hours per week. This is purely an illusion and thereby for 99.9% of the users some totally useless argument. Same goes for "you can iRacing for free" - yep only very few can actually.

pimpled faced ignorant noobs
So you say all non-iRacing users (AC, rF, PC, R3E, etc.) are "pimpled faced ignorant noobs"?
Remaining credibility are revoked ...

it amazes me no end how time and again people enter iRacing threads just to spit on it. Could one maybe come back to the relevant bits, i.e. the new content announced? One would think it difficult for anyone to be wholeheartedly negative and make sweeping negative claims about something none of us has ever put their hands on, but there you are ...

You don't get what Sim Racing is about. It is about realism. And iRacing is one of the most unrealistic one's. The price they demand does not justify what they offer.

Excellent netcode: You are kidding me? Go play as EU on official races, you are paired with US which some of them lag around and netcode-kill you. Or the netcode is so inaccurate that you suddenly have front damage, engine damage and are down 10 kph, even you clearly didn't hit ****. Or when the server (especially split 1 and split 2) do regulary crash during endurance racing. Or cars are warping during crashing inside each other ... Yep seems like great netcode.

Cash prized championships: Yeah pretty much only for those that exploit the setup system and track limits and practice 100s hours per week. This is purely an illusion and thereby for 99.9% of the users some totally useless argument. Same goes for "you can iRacing for free" - yep only very few can actually.

So you say all non-iRacing users (AC, rF, PC, R3E, etc.) are "pimpled faced ignorant noobs"?
Remaining credibility are revoked ...

Most of the issues with netcode are because people are on wireless connections. The ones on a wired connection usually don't have problems. Have you ever considered that when there is a problem if could be between the iRacing servers and your connection which would not be iRacing's problem at all. Yes sometimes there are problems on iRacing's end as it's not perfect just like any other game out there.

Tell me how they exploit the setup system and track limits? BTW I don't know of any top driver that practices 100's of hours per week or anywhere near that. They don't have too because of their talent level. I love it when people are always trying to find an excuse why people are faster than them.

Also tell me which game is perfect as far as realism as they all have areas they need to improve in.

To the person saying iRacing could lower their prices 50%. The other games don't have anywhere near the online interstructure that iRacing has if any at all. That is not cheap to set up and continue to pay for and expand when the need arises.

If you don't like iRacing that is your right as it's not for everybody. As far as coming on here and telling everyone how bad if is, well there are a lot of iRacing members who would disagree with you. Like I said above it's not perfect, tell me a Sim or game that is. It is a lot less expensive that RC car racing, kart racing or golf. If you can't afford it, that's OK. I can't afford real racing, but I don't come on here and say how bad it is because I can't.

• Deleted member 113561

Most of the issues with netcode are because people are on wireless connections. The ones on a wired connection usually don't have problems. Have you ever considered that when there is a problem if could be between the iRacing servers and your connection which would not be iRacing's problem at all. Yes sometimes there are problems on iRacing's end as it's not perfect just like any other game out there.
All of our drivers are always on wired connections, it is forbidden in our league to run on WLAN or mobile phone connection. You would see it as a spectator, people are jumping around with WLAN connection. Just blame it on drivers ... right?

Tell me how they exploit the setup system and track limits? BTW I don't know of any top driver that practices 100's of hours per week or anywhere near that. They don't have too because of their talent level. I love it when people are always trying to find an excuse why people are faster than them.
I know 2 pros in iRacing, they have the insight and yes there are setup exploits. 100h+ per week was exaggerated (sry), but some people are actually reaching that much .. . still it is something about 40h per week for a race for the average pro.

Also tell me which game is perfect as far as realism as they all have areas they need to improve in.

To the person saying iRacing could lower their prices 50%. The other games don't have anywhere near the online interstructure that iRacing has if any at all. That is not cheap to set up and continue to pay for and expand when the need arises.
Of course there is no game perfect, but iRacing is far behind everyone, hell it has bugs from 1997 in it (even the game engine was upgraded 2 times in between). You seem to know nothing about stuff works. Your just a blind fanboy.
They have 10'000+ people active (word is around 50k) ... 50k * 10$ per month = 500k per month alone. Yeah sure that's how much the whole server infrastructure is costing ... You can calculate yourself, they are turning a profit here. You realize the servers are not 24/7 online for an event. They are dynamically used, that means (ie.) License A race at 20:00 and for 23:00 its a License B race.

If you don't like iRacing that is your right as it's not for everybody. As far as coming on here and telling everyone how bad if is, well there are a lot of iRacing members who would disagree with you. Like I said above it's not perfect, tell me a Sim or game that is. It is a lot less expensive that RC car racing, kart racing or golf. If you can't afford it, that's OK. I can't afford real racing, but I don't come on here and say how bad it is because I can't.
Of course iRacing people disagree, most of them lost perspective on what is good. Sad truth. It's like Apple fanboys, they believe everything that Apple does is the best there is out there, for many reasons, but mostly because it costs a lot and Apple/iRacing has excellent marketing. Go talk to the guys that program such games and have knowledge of how race cars really work (incl. setup) and they will tell you its one of the worst sims out there.
Kurt Busch actually drove for several years iRacing, guess what happend. His real life Nascar racing went to **** ; as soon as he stopped, he suddenly was good again, coincidence? Of course not. It is even rumored that the team told him to stop driving in iRacing.
Or the bug on ALL road cars where you right turn and understeer like crazy but when you do the exact same by left turning (same speed and turn in, in a car with equal weight balance) you spin out easily ... something is fundamentally wrong with it if something like this happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 113561

big deal ...

but it's good to know that Kunos, for example, strive to not make a cent of profit, or Sector3, for that matter. These guys are all doing it for the love of the game and the respect of the community ...

(irony ends here)
Big difference, it seems iRacing is doing it mostly for profits
Kunos (even I don't like AC), Sector 3, etc. actually care and fix their problems and have still reasonable prices

it seems iRacing is doing it mostly for profits
never expected otherwise, just like the chap seling me my car or the chap i buy my fruit from. as far as i know, this is how capitalism is supposed to work and if enough people like the product, it works for both the seller and the one buying the product.
what beats me - as i said earlier - is why, if i am not happy with the product, do i go around making a fuss rather than buying a different product and be happy. the second solution seems to be so much more sensible. just beats me.

what beats me - as i said earlier - is why, if i am not happy with the product, do i go around making a fuss rather than buying a different product and be happy. the second solution seems to be so much more sensible. just beats me.

I stopped trying to figure it out a while ago. We already know this website doesn't like iRacing which is why it is in the "Other Racing Games" section of the forum. And there are a few serious haters that feel the need to spread that hate in every thread created here.

I have iRacing, I can afford it and I enjoy it. Enough said.

I don't have any interest in AC, PCars, rF1 or 2, Automobilista or most of the other sims out there. Guess how many times I have even looked at their subforums. Zero. Why would I? And I definitely have no reason to post anything over there, good, bad, or otherwise.

Indeed It is a very good sim, but ...typical ..

Tracks £11.95 - £14.95 Cars £11.55

Monthly subscription £13

Yes there are discounts with the subscription for new members, or one can buy a yearly subscription for a large discount, but that is still a lot of money to find in one hit.

There is also NO AI to race against, so online/multiplayer only ...

The racing there is also taken very seriously, but then that is understandable for what it cost eh.

*whoosh*
That's kind of the point of iRacing.

Competitive, online, multiplayer racing simulation.

You also forgot to mention you can receive bonus credits for completing a season up to the maximum of $12. Per season. I put that to buying Imola which I think of the top of my head cost me $4.22/£3.19 - oh less then the price of a Big Mac meal.... oh woe is me.

There are also $100 for $75 and $25 for $20 iRacing credit deals which can be used for renewals (~$80 for a year) or content for the above prices listed, alongside the iRacing credit offerings if you do 8 weeks in a season.

Alongside Reddit where when most people in r/simracing where just trolling iRacing as usual and pissed me off, also as usual, RD is not very iRacing friendly. I still remember when this website didn't have iRacing on RaceTube to upload our videos. It was always in the "Other Racing Games" category. I think sim racing publications who aren't satirical (lol PRC) and are just delivering news should be fair with all racing sims, including iRacing. There are also other websites which do not dispel the stereotypes that currently exist with iRacing.

I feel that a lot of people want iRacing to fail. I hate pCars2, but I don't exactly want them to fail....people do work on these racing sims. I would prefer if they have a job. And as a genre, the more sim racing choices we got, the better it is for everyone. But the first step for iRacing haters is to stop resorting to the same excuses (like we haven't heard of it before lmao) and drivel when you insult a sim and the people who like it.

All of our drivers are always on wired connections, it is forbidden in our league to run on WLAN or mobile phone connection. You would see it as a spectator, people are jumping around with WLAN connection. Just blame it on drivers ... right?

I know 2 pros in iRacing, they have the insight and yes there are setup exploits. 100h+ per week was exaggerated (sry), but some people are actually reaching that much .. . still it is something about 40h per week for a race for the average pro.

Of course there is no game perfect, but iRacing is far behind everyone, hell it has bugs from 1997 in it (even the game engine was upgraded 2 times in between). You seem to know nothing about stuff works. Your just a blind fanboy.
They have 10'000+ people active (word is around 50k) ... 50k * 10$ per month = 500k per month alone. Yeah sure that's how much the whole server infrastructure is costing ... You can calculate yourself, they are turning a profit here. You realize the servers are not 24/7 online for an event. They are dynamically used, that means (ie.) License A race at 20:00 and for 23:00 its a License B race.

Of course iRacing people disagree, most of them lost perspective on what is good. Sad truth. It's like Apple fanboys, they believe everything that Apple does is the best there is out there, for many reasons, but mostly because it costs a lot and Apple/iRacing has excellent marketing. Go talk to the guys that program such games and have knowledge of how race cars really work (incl. setup) and they will tell you its one of the worst sims out there.
Kurt Busch actually drove for several years iRacing, guess what happend. His real life Nascar racing went to **** ; as soon as he stopped, he suddenly was good again, coincidence? Of course not. It is even rumored that the team told him to stop driving in iRacing.
Or the bug on ALL road cars where you right turn and understeer like crazy but when you do the exact same by left turning (same speed and turn in, in a car with equal weight balance) you spin out easily ... something is fundamentally wrong with it if something like this happens.

OK we get it, you hate iRacing so why are you here?

BTW you don't know me so how can you stay I don't know how things work? I'm old enough that I learned a very long time ago that it is hopeless to tried to discuss something with someone who has a closed mind on a subject.

iRacing is the Sim I want to play, if you don't that's fine as there are others out there so go play in their sandbox.

• Deleted member 113561

BTW you don't know me so how can you stay I don't know how things work? I'm old enough that I learned a very long time ago that it is hopeless to tried to discuss something with someone who has a closed mind on a subject.
Another proof you are a blind fanboy ; not ready for discussion, your opinion is already made up.
OK we get it, you hate iRacing so why are you here?
Someone who hates iRacing would never admit that it has some great features (as in the online service).
I'm here to warn newbies in sim racing from this sim, not everything which costs a lot is good.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 91 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 131 13.7%