iRacing | Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The good folks of iRacing have revealed the first video footage of the upcoming Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR - set to arrive next month in the simulation.

The new car is set to arrive in the March build of iRacing, and will join the multi-class IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge for 2020 Season 2, as well as competing in its own support series alongside the Porsche Esports Supercup throughout the 2020 season. In addition to its regular series, you’ll have a chance to race the Cayman in the IMSA 90 Minutes of Sebring special event on March 15.

You can check out the new video trailer below:

Original Source: iRacing YouTube

iRacing is a PC exclusive racing simulation.

For questions or comments about the sim, head over to the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start a thread today.

iRacing Porsche 718 1.jpg
iRacing Porsche 718 2.jpg
iRacing Porsche 718 3.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

....Mamamia....
More than One week, and nothing here on RD about the cayman (and other updates)....too busy about ACC and GranTurismo (or F1 2019) ....what the hell I'm doing here ? ...(I like RD, that's why^^)
@++

I drove the TCR Audi in today's 90 mins of Sebring event.
After being passed by several dozen Porsches throughout the race, I decided to purchase it and give it a go.
I drove to the GT3 Cup last season and loved it so I felt comfortable in the 718 from the get go and was able to get up to speed once the tires warmed up after a few laps.

Interior details are top notch, the detail in the ffb is great!
I can feel all the suspension movements, body weight shifting with excellent tire and road details.
Understeer is very distinguished and slides are controllable and easy to catch if you get the ques early enough.

Very enjoyable car to drive and looking forward to more time in it so I can push it further, quit possibly my favorite car in the system atm :)

Will at least try to do a season of the Michelin Challenge (GT4 and TCR) in the Cayman. I am as usual one of the slowest guys around but the gameplay is just so much fun. Did a 30 min event at Laguna yesterday with 37 other Caymans (no TCR in the lower grids) and was so hooked, the first time I checked how many laps left was when I spun out with 5 min. to go. Brilliant stuff!
On a sidenote: with the people playing AI and the new GT4, iRacing is now always beyond 10,000 players online during European evenings.

• Deleted member 205301

...I missed the start of the 90IMSA Sebring (didn't see they changed the time....tssss),
But was training on the afternoon (with my TCR), and it conviced me to NOT take part of this season with the cayman....
I'm a fast guy, I was faster than tons of GT4 and the lack of respect I saw was absolutely amazing...
Really enjoy this cayman, and for sur I'll be in next season (maybe we'll have the bmw too), i'm only a bit disapointed that the race format is a bit too short (I mean, IRL it's 2hours races on pilot challeng, and on IR it's only 30 min ....)
@++

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years