iRacing | Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR Arrives This March

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing are busy ramping up their previews for the upcoming March seasonal build, and the latest piece of content confirmed for the simulation is the GT4 specification Porsche 718 Cayman Clubsport MR!

Yes, another Porsche is on its way to a racing simulation near you, and this time it is the wonderfully long named Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR that has been confirmed as one of the latest pieces of content to arrive within the title - expected to be made available to purchase as part of the 'season 2' game update, due to arrive sometime within the next month.

Original Source: iRacing Twitter

iRacing is available exclusively for PC.

Got a question about the simulation? Post a thread and ask our awesome community right here at the iRacing sub forum at RaceDepartment!

iRacing New Porsche 1.jpg
iRacing New Porsche 2.jpg
iRacing New Porsche 3.jpg

Last edited:
I have a feeling this is going to be like the TCR car. Lots of people requesting it and it'll be popular for a season and then...nothing. Ghost town.

Yes and no.

It is true that they can only keep so many cars and active in a season to keep participation numbers up. Even when they have multiple cars allowed in a race, people will look to VRS numbers to see which car tends to be the fastest and the races are sometimes extremely heavily weighted with a single car.

However I understand that there are many more races happening in leagues and within teams. They may not count for promotion, but many racers love the league racing more than the official races.

Also odds are that they will add this new NTM7 car to the AI car roster meaning that you can always gen up a race and use the car that way.

• Deleted member 205301

I have a feeling this is going to be like the TCR car. Lots of people requesting it and it'll be popular for a season and then...nothing. Ghost town.
Lots of guys says that yeah....
I'm one of these guys, asking for a proper GT4 serie (SRO or IMSA) since many years (since 2017 actually when the french IRL gt'championship skiped from GT3 to GT4, and I understood that THIS is the "future" for GT racing), I really hope you're wrong, hope that the car will meet its public, and not only guys curious or hype'dependant....
But cause you're not the only one to say that, i'm a bit affraid you could be right.
One thing is sure : I won't run the serie the first season !!!! I never do that (only exception was for the FR2.0) : to many hype = too many mormons, and sad races, the first season is never the best to judge a serie, and what it is like to drive in...
Will do the 90min Sebring ( 15 march), but in the audi tcr (will be my first race with this car....yeah, remember : I hate hype^^), i'm expecting lots of cayman'crashes^^ .... and for the second season, when the hype is done, i'll be there ;) (maybe the bmw M4gt4 will be there too^^)
@++

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 205301

Isn't GT4 even more boring/numb than GT3? Serious question.
what make a serie/class boring ? serious question ;)
GT4 attracts lots of manufacturers, so dont seems to be numb, and it's a good compromise between TC cars and GT cars (you could see it as a gt permitting contact, or door to door racing), so I don't think it's boring too....
...But if for you "boring" is about the speed, you'll for sure sleep with it^^ ..about 10 sec slower than GT3 ...soall depends on what is "boring" for your pov ;)
@++

what make a serie/class boring ? serious question ;)
GT4 attracts lots of manufacturers, so dont seems to be numb, and it's a good compromise between TC cars and GT cars (you could see it as a gt permitting contact, or door to door racing), so I don't think it's boring too....
...But if for you "boring" is about the speed, you'll for sure sleep with it^^ ..about 10 sec slower than GT3 ...soall depends on what is "boring" for your pov ;)
@++

Imo modern GT cars drive like on rails, they often have no character like older race cars for example.
And I imagine GT4s are even more lifeless in that regard.

Probably the biggest mistake was purchasing the Audi TCR in Iracing…holy moly, what a boring and numb car.

If I somehow manage to be right on time for a Iracing testdrive I’ll try the GT4 Porsche.

• Deleted member 205301

thx ACC fanboys to come here^^
yeah @F_B , i understand what you means.... So in that case yes, it should be... (I remember the first time I saw an IRL GT4 race, I was thinking the same : seems on railway, and makes no sound, comparing to GT3) certainly less exciting than older' racing car, or GTE, to drive "alone", but should be great to race "in a field" ;) (or not, we'll see^^)
@++

In iRacing, probably. You need to try Assetto Corsa Competizione. This from Nicki Thiim (real world GT3 driver) - go to 23:35

As iRacer I can live with fact that ACC has some strengths over iRacing, I still value iRacings strengths over ACCs and do not find myself launching ACC over iR more than after bigger updates at this point.

There is room for more than one sim racing games and I am happy that some like ACC more, it is good that they find something they enjoy. It is win for iRacers too that there is less people there who do not really feel they enjoy that side too much.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%