iRacing | Patch 6 From The 2020 Season 3 Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another new patch has been released for iRacing - the sixth such update of the 2020 Season 3 release.
  • Various fixes to outstanding issues within the simulation.
  • Updated cars with new drag values.
  • Improvements to Daytona NASCAR Road layout.

Another day, another new build for iRacing arrives as the American studio continue to strive to improve and develop their online motorsport simulation.

The release today is update #6 of the current 2020 Season 3 build, and contains no new content or significant changes - more of a maintenance build as iRacing continue to refine and adjust the simulation following the last update release.

iracing middle.jpg

Update Notes:

Current Series and Up Next

• In Table view, fixed an issue where hovering the mouse over a logo was displaying a flashing tooltip.
  • In Table view, a tooltip has been added to the column header for Registration Closes.
  • A tooltip has been added to the Unranked Series to clarify that participation in these events does not count towards Minimum Participation Requirement (MPR).
Create a Race
  • Resolved an issue where setting the Maximum Number of Tires could cause an error.
AI Racing
  • Fixed an issue where adding a new AI Driver to an existing AI Roster was resetting the AI Drivers’ car numbers to default sequential values.
Search and Filter
  • Fixed an issue where several special characters ([ ] .) were causing an error when input into any Search field.
Spotting
  • Fixed an issue where Spotting was failing instead of prompting the user to download and/or purchase any needed updates or content in order to join as a Spotter.
Clock
  • Fixed an issue where the UI clock was sometimes using the local system clock instead of the iRacing Server clock.
Simulation:

Connection

• Fixed an issue that could cause a crash during session transition from Open Practice to Race.
Rendering
  • Fixed an issue where SMP on GTX1000 series GPU’s often clipped out a pixel’s width of the image on the right edge of the middle and/or right monitors, creating one or two lines down the display where only sky would render. This was especially noticeable if running three-screen mode on a single monitor.
Car Paints
  • Fixed an issue where custom specular maps were getting removed from a car after a new team driver swapped into the car.
Controllers
  • Logitech keyboard backlight support has been disabled due to a bug in the latest GHUB software that causes a lockup of iRacing on exit.
    – – We are working on a proper fix for this issue.
Cars:

NASCAR Cup Series Chevrolet Camaro ZL1

• Drag has been increased slightly.
NASCAR Cup Series Ford Mustang
NASCAR Cup Series Toyota Camry
Tracks:

Daytona International Speedway

• (NASCAR Road) – For the new chicane:
    – – An additional gain-time penalty has been added.
    – – Two additional brake marker boards have been added.
    – – Curbs have been upgraded to turtle curbs with a yellow and blue color scheme.
    – – Blue tire barriers have been adjusted.

iRacing is available now exclusively for PC.

Got some questions about the title? Worry not, head to the RaceDepartment iRacing Sub Forum, post a thread and ask our community!

iRacing footer.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

Same ....
Everytime I heard about cheating was not.... (and I "simrace" since RF1/GTR2, so it's been 14 years now)
...But, I heard about some cheats on some titles (iracing, rf2 and AC), iracing is using an anti-cheat system since 2015, and was aware of another cheat existing some weeks ago, and they canceled 2 rounds of the Porsche super cup (the iracing'world' championship) to fix it... so they does the maximum to prevent cheaters...as, I suppose, other titles do...
...I just cannot understand cheating, and mainly on a D class.... are you sure people used your "griphack.exe", and are you sure it really helped ? (more grip = less speed)
never suffered from cheat, I'm a (very) fast driver, and it seems ok at this level (maybe i'm totally wrong, and some of my opponents were cheating^^)
tell us more about that plz, i'm very curious about it ;)
@++

Last edited by a moderator:
So funny these traditional comment about money, hey man, what's your problem with money ? you have 0 euro in your account ? are you unemployed or not abble to gain some money in your life ? Ridiculous... and..are you asking people to work for free ? will you be happy if your job says : "ok, since now, I'll pay you zero per month, cause, you know, people dont want to pay for things, you understand ?"
Move on plz
@++
Do you work for iRacing? You're always the first one to defend them. Wouldn't it be best to let people have their opinion and not get personal if you don't like what they say. iRacing is doing fine without you defending them. Cheers.

Last edited:
I left iRacing after 5 years in 2014.

"GripHack dot exe"

No cheating here, said a chorus of iRacing liars.

$300 of cars and tracks...I count it as tuition. To learn that people would cheat to win a Class D race.
Where did you get your profile pic at? Is that Greta? It's friggin hilarious!! :roflmao:

Edit: Nevermind I just did a GTR Greta search. But this picture actually made me lol.

Last edited:
With Silverstone being introduced to iRacing...well, thought I would purchase it, having thrashed it recently in another Simulator :geek::)...just to compare :confused:, not that i really do that sort of thing :rolleyes::redface::roflmao:
Looks great when you get the right time of day / lighting etc...personal opinion of course ;):cool::D
Only disappointment for me personally is the lack of content being added to the AI section of iRacing, although there is enough to get a good taste of how it performs in that area...look forward to more of the mainstream / newer content such as the new recently introduced 87 Nascars :inlove::thumbsup::thumbsup:
0 iRACING SILVERSTONE GRANDPRIX with AUDI R18 LMP crop copy.jpg
0a iRACING SILVERSTONE GRANDPRIX with AUDI R18 LMP copy.jpg
1 iRACING LOTUS 49 at SILVERSTONE GRANDPRIX crop copy.jpg
0 iRACING LOTUS 49 at SILVERSTONE GRANDPRIX crop copy.jpg

Last edited:
I feel in your salty comment that you would like to have IRacing but you couldnt afford it;) I feel sorry for you. Hope that you can afford it in the future. That must be a sad Life without IRacing. So sad that you try to hate on it only because you couldnt enjoy it like all the other thousands of members who use it daily;)
You feel?

I'm receiving corona virus payments and working. I can afford all the content in iRacing. Do I think it's worth it? No.

• Deleted member 205301

Do you work for iRacing? You're always the first one to defend them. Wouldn't it be best to let people have their opinion and not get personal if you don't like what they say. iRacing is doing fine without you defending them. Cheers.
..interesting...

@++

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes me think:

I did some community leagues in rFactor2 and some ranked Sim Racing System scheduled online multiplayer. Both were for free.

I wonder how those can afford for free what iRacing charges money for.

You can do community league races on iRacing - they are free. Unless your the host.

Jump on an open online race for rFactor2, PC2, ACC, AMS. let me know how it goes!

The value for me personally in iRacing is the AI implementation so I can practice and get my 'Oval Fix' when I want on my own time without having to go into a real Practice / Qualify / Race session, and although there needs to be more content in this area across the board it's quite good at the moment...and the AI are rather good...personal opinion of course.
Talladega Win :inlove::thumbsup:...but only after 10 restarts to get there :redface::roflmao:.
0 iRACING TALLADEGA WIN copy.jpg
1 iRACING TALLADEGA WIN copy.jpg
2 iRACING TALLADEGA WIN copy.jpg
3 iRACING TALLADEGA WIN copy.jpg
4 iRACING TALLADEGA WIN copy.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline