iRacing | Patch 6 From The 2020 Season 3 Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another new patch has been released for iRacing - the sixth such update of the 2020 Season 3 release.
  • Various fixes to outstanding issues within the simulation.
  • Updated cars with new drag values.
  • Improvements to Daytona NASCAR Road layout.

Another day, another new build for iRacing arrives as the American studio continue to strive to improve and develop their online motorsport simulation.

The release today is update #6 of the current 2020 Season 3 build, and contains no new content or significant changes - more of a maintenance build as iRacing continue to refine and adjust the simulation following the last update release.

iracing middle.jpg

Update Notes:

Current Series and Up Next

• In Table view, fixed an issue where hovering the mouse over a logo was displaying a flashing tooltip.
  • In Table view, a tooltip has been added to the column header for Registration Closes.
  • A tooltip has been added to the Unranked Series to clarify that participation in these events does not count towards Minimum Participation Requirement (MPR).
Create a Race
  • Resolved an issue where setting the Maximum Number of Tires could cause an error.
AI Racing
  • Fixed an issue where adding a new AI Driver to an existing AI Roster was resetting the AI Drivers’ car numbers to default sequential values.
Search and Filter
  • Fixed an issue where several special characters ([ ] .) were causing an error when input into any Search field.
Spotting
  • Fixed an issue where Spotting was failing instead of prompting the user to download and/or purchase any needed updates or content in order to join as a Spotter.
Clock
  • Fixed an issue where the UI clock was sometimes using the local system clock instead of the iRacing Server clock.
Simulation:

Connection

• Fixed an issue that could cause a crash during session transition from Open Practice to Race.
Rendering
  • Fixed an issue where SMP on GTX1000 series GPU’s often clipped out a pixel’s width of the image on the right edge of the middle and/or right monitors, creating one or two lines down the display where only sky would render. This was especially noticeable if running three-screen mode on a single monitor.
Car Paints
  • Fixed an issue where custom specular maps were getting removed from a car after a new team driver swapped into the car.
Controllers
  • Logitech keyboard backlight support has been disabled due to a bug in the latest GHUB software that causes a lockup of iRacing on exit.
    – – We are working on a proper fix for this issue.
Cars:

NASCAR Cup Series Chevrolet Camaro ZL1

• Drag has been increased slightly.
NASCAR Cup Series Ford Mustang
NASCAR Cup Series Toyota Camry
Tracks:

Daytona International Speedway

• (NASCAR Road) – For the new chicane:
    – – An additional gain-time penalty has been added.
    – – Two additional brake marker boards have been added.
    – – Curbs have been upgraded to turtle curbs with a yellow and blue color scheme.
    – – Blue tire barriers have been adjusted.

iRacing is available now exclusively for PC.

Got some questions about the title? Worry not, head to the RaceDepartment iRacing Sub Forum, post a thread and ask our community!

iRacing footer.jpg

Last edited:
it may have been free for you but someone either rented or had to buy a server and pay operating costs for running it. Another thing you need to take into account is the amount of servers available for iRacing compared to a league or even SRS. If you also take into consideration things like the amount of server locations, servers specs, etc... and you'll see it's not illogical for iRacing to charge a server fee. On consoles you also have to pay a subscription fee to play multiplayer.

• Deleted member 205301

Makes me think:

I did some community leagues in rFactor2 and some ranked Sim Racing System scheduled online multiplayer. Both were for free.

I wonder how those can afford for free what iRacing charges money for.
So funny these traditional comment about money, hey man, what's your problem with money ? you have 0 euro in your account ? are you unemployed or not abble to gain some money in your life ? Ridiculous... and..are you asking people to work for free ? will you be happy if your job says : "ok, since now, I'll pay you zero per month, cause, you know, people dont want to pay for things, you understand ?"
Move on plz
@++

Makes me think:

I did some community leagues in rFactor2 and some ranked Sim Racing System scheduled online multiplayer. Both were for free.

If someone puts up a hosted lobby in iRacing, you can join it for free. Only the host is paying to rent that server space for the allotted time.

I'm presuming this is what you did in rF2 and on SMS... you joined a lobby that was already running, not created one of your own, so this is likely why it was free.

Kunos do the same with ACC private lobbies. The host has to rent the private lobby from a 3rd party for a fee. If you then join the private lobby to race, you don't pay.

So funny these traditional comment about money, hey man, what's your problem with money ? you have 0 euro in your account ? are you unemployed or not abble to gain some money in your life ? Ridiculous... and..are you asking people to work for free ? will you be happy if your job says : "ok, since now, I'll pay you zero per month, cause, you know, people dont want to pay for things, you understand ?"
Move on plz
@++

Just because you pay for Y doesn't make it better than X

It's $110 per year so $9.2 per month only ($8.3 for two years).
For that price, the amount of races available per day is really great.
You can fill a complain after a race with their Protest System which is a great feature against dirty drivers.
It's not perfect of course, but still the best service.

People can get tired of racing against AI or on random servers with no rules.
Then iRacing is the logical choice.
They were losing money the first years, but their business model is starting to pay off.
iRacing just need a visual upgrade, their graphics engine is getting really outdated.

I am willing to pay a subscription fee on ACC for this kind of online service.
The Sim Grid and simracing.gp looks interesting however.

iRacing is a service, not a sim that you purchase once for all.

IMHO.

Last edited:
Best racing sim ever made....I've never seen a pro driver racing anything else and there is a reason for that ! The expensive argument no longer a valid argument for the quality of the content delivered.
People have tons of money to buy cigarettes and booze but not a dime to get iracing for a month.....:whistling:
You haven't been paying attention then. Many pros on other sims - too many to mention. And all of those on iRacing have mentioned how bad the tyre model is.

Move on plz
@++

Money is our God.
Obey.
Conform.
Spend.

You want breathable air, pay for it.
You want Sun, pay for it.
If you're homeless and hungry, it's your own fault.
If you want something for free, move on.
Right on!

It's $110 per year so $9.2 per month only ($8.3 for two years).
For that price, the amount of races available per day is really great.
You can fill a complain after a race with their Protest System which is a great feature against dirty drivers.
It's not perfect of course, but still the best service.

People can get tired of racing against AI or on random servers with no rules.
Then iRacing is the logical choice.
They were losing money the first years, but their business model is starting to pay off.
iRacing just need a visual upgrade, their graphics engine is getting really outdated.

I am willing to pay a subscription fee on ACC for this kind of online service.
The Sim Grid and simracing.gp looks interesting however.

iRacing is a service, not a sim that you purchase once for all.

IMHO.

Haha I love how you completely gloss over the car and track prices as if they're reasonable. Oh please, no one enjoys racing on free content for a long time. To add salt to the wound, buying cars and tracks only to be rammed on lap one really makes iRacing feel worth each cent! Right on fanboy!

Aaaaand... no. iRacing is a sim (a mediocre one at best) that you pay for a temporary license in order to access the sim

Haha I love how you completely gloss over the car and track prices as if they're reasonable. Oh please, no one enjoys racing on free content for a long time. To add salt to the wound, buying cars and tracks only to be rammed on lap one really makes iRacing feel worth each cent! Right on fanboy!

Aaaaand... no. iRacing is a sim (a mediocre one at best) that you pay for a temporary license in order to access the sim

I feel in your salty comment that you would like to have IRacing but you couldnt afford it;) I feel sorry for you. Hope that you can afford it in the future. That must be a sad Life without IRacing. So sad that you try to hate on it only because you couldnt enjoy it like all the other thousands of members who use it daily;)

Makes me think:

None have the online integration and participacion that iRacing has, 24/7.
One set of real racing tires is loads more expensive than iRacing plus a huge load of content.
Many people spend thousands on mountainbikes.
Even iRacing is not that big compared to other online games,
All the content will be updated for years, thats why it cost more.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%