iRacing | Patch 2 Season 4 2020 Update Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing recently deployed a new build update to their simulation - plus some exciting news about Long Beach.

Seemingly another day, another new build for iRacing - and another long read for fans of update notes. Yes, it's 2020 Season 4 Patch 2 time once again - check out what's new below.

Update Notes:

Classic Membersite:

• The query for the last ten races on a user’s profile has been updated to pull aggregate Championship Points for Heat Races.
  • A direct link has been added to take a user between their My Cars and My Tracks pages.- The Help & Support button on the Membersite homepage now links to the Documents and Tools page.
    – – A variety of resources here are excellent self-help resources.
  • A large button has been added at the top of the Documents and Tools page that takes a user to the iRacing Support Homepage.
    – – Navigate here for even more self-help tools, FAQs, and to directly contact Customer Support.
Simulation:

Purchase Discount

• We have updated our method for calculating the application of the 20% Off – 40+ Pieces Club for our Members.
    – – As of last week, this discount is automatically applied to your Cart if your account owns 40 or more full price pieces of content. This includes cars and tracks that you may have purchased at full price, only to later have them become part of the iRacing default content.
Rendering
  • Fixed an issue with flickering particle effects, such as smoke and dirt, in car mirrors.
Visual Effects
  • Tire smoke has been updated.
  • Fixed an issue where dust puffs were spinning rapidly.
Cameras
  • For the Camera Tool, the camera select macro now switches to your own car using the command /-4/<enter> typed out on the number pad.
Replays
  • Fixed a crashing issue that could occur when moving the play-head around rapidly in the Replay.
Peripherals
  • Support for the Xbox One Elite controller series 2 in wireless mode has been added.
Cars:

Dallara IR18

• New iRacing Setups have been added for Phoenix Raceway.
Ford Fiesta RS WRC
  • Yokohama branding has been added to tire sidewalls.
McLaren MP4-30
  • iRacing Season setups have been updated.
  • Significantly increased wear rate for all tire compound types.
NASCAR Cup Series Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
NASCAR Cup Series Ford Mustang
NASCAR Cup Series Toyota Camry
Subaru WRX STI
Super Late Model
  • An updated tire archetype has been applied to this vehicle!
  • Vehicle physics have been updated.
USF 2000
  • Fixed an issue where customized wheel rim color was not displaying correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where the rotor glow was not appearing correctly.
VW Beetle
Tracks:

Charlotte Motor Speedway

• The pit out light position has been adjusted.
Lånkebanen (Hell RX)
  • Norwegian PA announcements have been added to this track.
Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway
  • Fixed an issue where the front stretch of the pit wall would be invisible on Low Detail settings.
Nürburgring
  • Fixed an issue where some fans would be visible while the grandstand in which they were seated was invisible on some Detail settings.

In other news, iRacing have also confirmed they are currently working on developing the Longbeach location in the simulation, to bring the track into the title as a fully working and feature rich venue - rather than the current tech track status the track has been sitting at in recent years.

iRacing is available now, exclusively on PC.

iRacing fans, want to discuss the title, ask a question, find that perfect car setup? Head over to the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment, start a thread and find the answers you need!

iRacing longbeach.jpg

Last edited:
Think about this: I jumped in a race last night, 8:15p local time (Denver/US) on a Tuesday. IndyCar @ Texas (oval). A little over 100 people racing that car/combo at that time. Think about that, 100 people turned up to race IndyCars at Texas on a Tuesday evening. When you think of the numbers the other sims pull, it's almost unbelievable. And guess what? The racing was more than passable. A relatively large, closely spaced field (my split was 26 cars!) and no one was trying to wreck everyone. It's pricey and not perfect, but where else are you going to find that kind of experience on a "drop in" basis?

There are plenty of valid reasons why iRacing is not for everyone. If you don't like it, think it's a bad economic proposition, or what have you - by all means, save your money. But if you are staying away on the basis that it's some kind of criminal-level consumer scam, or you've been told and/or convinced yourself the "tire model" is irretrievably broken, or whatever...you're probably missing out on a really fun time.

As an aside, if any more than a few hundred people worldwide can even explain to you in any amount of detail/clarity what a "tire model" actually is, I would be absolutely shocked. Usually the words "tire model" are coming out of the mouth of someone who couldn't code a "hello world" app if you offered them $100. That doesn't mean you have to be a physics coder to critique a video game...heck no. If you think the feel of the tires sucks or is wrong or whatever, fire away! Just don't try sounding smart by dropping the "tire model" bomb within earshot of me because I'll have some follow up questions! :laugh:

Think about this: I jumped in a race last night, 8:15p local time (Denver/US) on a Tuesday. IndyCar @ Texas (oval). A little over 100 people racing that car/combo at that time. Think about that, 100 people turned up to race IndyCars at Texas on a Tuesday evening. When you think of the numbers the other sims pull, it's almost unbelievable. And guess what? The racing was more than passable. A relatively large, closely spaced field (my split was 26 cars!) and no one was trying to wreck everyone. It's pricey and not perfect, but where else are you going to find that kind of experience on a "drop in" basis?

There are plenty of valid reasons why iRacing is not for everyone. If you don't like it, think it's a bad economic proposition, or what have you - by all means, save your money. But if you are staying away on the basis that it's some kind of criminal-level consumer scam, or you've been told and/or convinced yourself the "tire model" is irretrievably broken, or whatever...you're probably missing out on a really fun time.

As an aside, if any more than a few hundred people worldwide can even explain to you in any amount of detail/clarity what a "tire model" actually is, I would be absolutely shocked. Usually the words "tire model" are coming out of the mouth of someone who couldn't code a "hello world" app if you offered them $100. That doesn't mean you have to be a physics coder to critique a video game...heck no. If you think the feel of the tires sucks or is wrong or whatever, fire away! Just don't try sounding smart by dropping the "tire model" bomb within earshot of me because I'll have some follow up questions! :laugh:
Great post, the F1 drivers are also always complaining about their tires. In many other real life classes it's a topic of debate. But it's the same shortcoming for everyone. So get over it and race those cars.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back