iRacing / Next Level Racing Partnership - New product in the works

well if it came with a 1 year free subscription , or you would get some bonus content, it could make bit more sense
but otherwise it's like any other rig with iRacing stickers on it for extra $$$ , just like others are saying, although

I'm still a huge fan of GranTurismo, so I can see myself buying new PS5Gran Turiosmo edition, once it comes up, so if I was an iRacer, I could see this having some advantages too - in a sense that I support my favorite developer

so why not?

Getting a service like that of iRacing, running the servers and software development costs millions.
Not many companies can have such a long term devotion to working on just one product.
As iRacing is the online racingking by now.
I can't really explain, the physics and graphics are not outstanding at all (but the same for everyone).
Love driving feel in rFactor 2 or a good mod for Assetto Corsa a bit more.
But somehow even when I log in to open iPractice I got the sense i'm visiting a real track day.
At any time that suits me.
I'm too slow, as i don't have enough time to master the new cars or tracks.
Still getting my name higher on the timing ranking feels great.
Sometimes i let my sub go for half a year, when i'm to busy.
But keep getting back, to test yet another huge update or track i want to drive.
"Own" about 80% of all the road-content, quite a nice collection.
Only to find out the Porsche rear-end still sucks balls,
that's the funny thing

if Rf2 did the same, I think they won't pull it off and same goes for AC,
there probably isn't room for another "MP racing service"

my biggest gripe with their model is that you can't access the content offline if the subscription have lapsed , so in that way the subscription is NOT only for MP portion of the service, but for ALL the service , and therefore I would be less annoyed if it meant that you get access to all the cars, or maybe have something like tiers where with base sub you get 50% content, with higher sub you get access to more ..etc.

but yeha, still cheaper then real life racing, although NOWHERE NEAR the same / similar thing. I was lucky to be in one race in real life, and despite driving super low power and understeery BMW, it was still the best car related experience of my entire life

Sim racing communities and trash talking a product they haven't even seen yet. Name a more iconic duo.

NLR has been around long before Sim Lab and whatever.

and honestly, who cares if they're releasing "yet another" aluminum profile cockpit? You realize there's more to the world than UK, Australia and United States right?

Sim Lab is too expensive for me in Japan. I don't care how good you all say it is. I'm not paying $1000 for a cockpit without a seat. If NLR manages to bring something to market I can get here in Japan without the ridiculous $250 shipping cost (NLR sells locally here), I'm in.

The nerve of some of you...

Sim racing communities and trash talking a product they haven't even seen yet. Name a more iconic duo.

NLR has been around long before Sim Lab and whatever.

and honestly, who cares if they're releasing "yet another" aluminum profile cockpit? You realize there's more to the world than UK, Australia and United States right?

Sim Lab is too expensive for me in Japan. I don't care how good you all say it is. I'm not paying $1000 for a cockpit without a seat. If NLR manages to bring something to market I can get here in Japan without the ridiculous $250 shipping cost (NLR sells locally here), I'm in.

The nerve of some of you...

I will not be as virulent as you, but I grant you that for a few tubes of aluminium it is expensive.

Then it's a niche market with people who can afford to buy the equipment or streamers who can proudly display the brand with sponsorship, I doubt there are many sales but the image is often more important than the ridiculous cost of manufacturing the product.

So you have plenty of other brands or home made systems that will be more than enough.

I will not be as virulent as you, but I grant you that for a few tubes of aluminium it is expensive.

Then it's a niche market with people who can afford to buy the equipment or streamers who can proudly display the brand with sponsorship, I doubt there are many sales but the image is often more important than the ridiculous cost of manufacturing the product.

So you have plenty of other brands or home made systems that will be more than enough.
Being defensive isn't "virulent".
I'm defending a product that hasn't even released yet from undue criticism.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%